Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Camping FHE

We have quite a few camping trips scheduled for May/June (have to fit it all in before the beginning of July) so last night for FHE we got a camping box ready and set up our tent to get everyone ready and excited for it. I thought it would be good to have a box full of camping necessities that's ready to go so that we don't have to look for these things everytime we're packing up to go. Everything came from the dollar store or the Walmarts so it was pretty cheap too. Here's what I included in it:
-Plastic bowls, plates, and cups
-Garbage bags
-Bug spray
-First aid kit & anitbiotic ointment
-Tylenol packs
-Flashlight
-Wet wipes
-Itch relief stick
-Paper towels
-Toilet paper
-Rope
-Sponge
-Push light
-Lighter & Waterproof matches
-Aluminum foil
-Dish soap
-Hand sanitizer
-I'm also going to run to DI and pick up a knife or two, some old pans and cooking utensils.

The girls had a fun time helping me set up the tent,

Doug built us a good fire,and we had fun roasting mallows.
Lilly thoroughly enjoyed her smore.
Sophia liked hers as well but didn't like having her picture taken.Overall it was a fun night and now we're all excited to get outdoors! Our first trip is in a week and a half when we join Doug and his brother's family on the turkey hunt! Let's hope for some success this year (with both turkeys and camping).

6 comments:

One Fish said...

Fun!

Lauren said...

Wow, Jo, camping in your third trimester? You are one tough mama! You must have a good air mattress (I hope!).

Nancy said...

Totally jealous. My campoing box is so underused.

The Favorite said...

Good lookin' grass & cute girls. Camping is fun!

Jennifer Lyn said...

What a fun idea! We need to do that. Smores look like a hit!

Nancy said...

Hey, I just got your email. I do have a camping list for all the stuff we have in our box. But I haven't figured out how to attach documents to emails from my phone yet. Tommorrow I'll have the Internet at tricias house and I'll send you a complete list. We do put quite a lot of stuff in our caning stuff, so feel free to not use all the things on the list. My mom has basically made her camping stuff able to be duplicated as her 72 hour kit stuff. So growing up we all had a camping bag with clothes and toiletries specifically for camping/emergencies. It made packing easy because we all just grabbed our camping bags. I'll email you my lists tommorrow.