Monday, April 5, 2010

Not the best end to the weekend

We had a fantastic weekend at Wales with some of Doug's family. It was nice to enjoy Conference and relax with them. It was nice to have doug with us too. He left around 7 this morning to head back to work. He debated if he should go home last night but I convinced him to stay one more night with us. About 20 minutes after he left his mom came to wake me up to tell me he hit a deer and he was coming back. Luckily he was okay and Black Magic wasn't hurt to bad either. It really could have been worse so we're counting our blessings. He said the deer ran away so we're hoping he's okay. His brother teased him about not being able to wait until October (hunting season) to get one. Notice the hair sticking out of the wiper blade and windshield. It was quite the hit! When I told Sophia what happened she was really quiet for awhile and then she said "Wow! Are we going to eat it?!"

Doug took my car and went to work (and managed to not hit another deer) and my nice father-in-law drove Doug's car back to our house while the girls and I rode with my mother-in-law behind him. He even drove through the rain without the wipers on. What a guy! Luckily we had a little break in the weather and we were able to get anew windshield delivered this afternoon. The nice man who installed it even vacummed out the broken glass in the passenger's seat.

Aside from that, the weekend really was fabulous and I'll post better pictures than the one below of the girls in their Easter dresses. The Wales Town Egg Hunt was a particular success that I'll be sure to post more about later.
Good thing we had this one there to keep us smiling!

2 comments:

The Favorite said...

Silly girls, cute dresses, too bad you couldn't eat the deer :)

Jennifer Lyn said...

I love the dresses! And hit a deer?!? That is crazy. Glad you guys were okay.