Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sophia's Storee Book

Warning: This post contains some Sophia overload and is here so that it can be in one of those Blurb or Blog2print books one day if I ever get around to it.

Sophia has really been into writing "storees" lately and I love it. I wish these pictures were darker but here's one of her latest. It's called "I wat this flowr to gro." Page 1: "I wat this plant to gro"

Page 2: "Mom was her flowr to gro."
Page 3: "Dad wans his flowr to gro."
Page 4: "Lilly wans her flowr to gro."
Page 5: "MABEL wans her flowr to gro." ( I love that Mabel is as big as her flower - I mean flowr).
Page 6: "Olavar famlee wans theea flowr to gro."

Thee end.
The next story in her book is called "I like snow flaxx".
This is a page from another favorite "I leve sawkr". This is at the end when she scored the winning goal. I mean skcrd the game. I love the number 5 on her shirt.
What a funny kid. To continue in making this post all about her, here's a card she made for Doug the other day. Starting from the bottom it says "I leve you Dad. This is wut a dinsor loox lik win he smiales." I love it. My favorite part is the dinosaur's smile. She made this one for me when I was sick. My favorite on this one is sweet Mabel down in the bottom left corner.

Finally, yesterday she convinced Lilly to play restaurant with her. I promise that we really don't go out to eat that much. I love her detail though. At least she picked our favorite place. It cracked me up that she included the ponytail/braid things.
The menu: Habgr 4 cents, Chignagis (that look a little bit like cookies) 3 cents, lemnade (no price listed - must have been free) and smoothee either 13 or 31 cents (the 3 is backward - I can't tell). She's such a hoot. I love the gigantic hamburger.
Last but not least, here's a quick 6 mo shot of this cutie before she quickly turns 7 months!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Either that monkey is getting smaller or that Mabes is getting bigger!! Please tell her to slow down!! I LOVE the stories! WOW she has such an imagination!! Her drawings are priceless and her writing is too. All those different ways to spell "wants" is pretty impressive! Well, I think Josh would think otherwise...

ottspot said...

Her stories are awesome. I think they are definitely on par with a bunch of the little kid board books we own. And I love that she just sounds it out and writes it. Will absolutely refuses to write anything if he doesn't know how to spell it. It drives me crazy. Little Type A symptoms coming out so soon.

stu said...

What a great storyteller. And she does her own illustrations. Such talent!