Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Past is Passed

I think it's safe to say we had a visit (or two) from Santa this year! The day started off great. I thought it would be fun to have everyone sleep in the basement but Doug and I were the only ones who ended up there. Sophia was too afraid that she'd see Santa so she opted for her bed.

Here's the girls checking out the stash Santa left.
The classic stair picture.

Both of these pictures turned out so well. I can't decide which one I like better. At least Mabel was totally cooperative for both of them.
Here's the stockings. I totally did not have time to make on for Mabel this year. Doug threw in one of his socks with a piece of candy in it and a Post-it with her name on it at the last minute. Poor third child.
When did my baby become this little girl?! She's changing so much!
Here's Doug with his Paper Jamz. He really wanted a guitar this year but I told him I didn't have time to get one and this was the best I could do.Luckily I have a brother who is amazing and let us have an old one they weren't using any more. Doug loved it (and it was fun to trick him)! (Side note: I love the Twinkie shirt Doug has on. It says "It's whats on the inside that counts."I got an awesome pair of slippers and some Toms! I told Doug that was all I wanted this year. He did a great job picking them out and even picked the color I would have chosen!
Here's the aftermath.


I'm not sure if she's sad because the unwrapping is over or because Santa didn't bring her what she wanted.After church we headed to my parents for some more fun present (and stocking) opening.



My parents completely spoiled my girls! You can't see it very well but they gave them this awesome princess tower that is as tall as Lilly. You can see if better in the picture at the top of this post.
Here's all the princesses. Lilly loves them and was completely disinterested in opening any other gifts.
My mom gave Mabel this super cute and cozy blanket that she quickly discovered was perfect for putting your fingers through.
Sophia got this really fun bubble bath basket that had this cute princess towel in it.
After my parents we headed to Doug's parents for more present opening.

After all the fun and excitement (and yummy food!) there we went to my brother Dylan's for some delicious prime rib and even more gifts (his family had our family for presents this year). Lilly got these awesome red sparkly shoes

And Sophia got these beautiful pink ones. Doug and I got Brian Reagan tickets. We can't wait! Thanks again guys!

Sophia and Lilly also got these beautiful porcelain dolls from my mom. They love them!Doug's brother had our family and they gave the girls this awesome house that they can color. This picture does not show how big this house really is. It's about 5 feet tall and honestly takes up about half of the room. The girls are so in love with it!

He also gave us this fun game. We've seen it but have never tried it. The girls love it and we're excited to use it more when it warms up!
This little one had fun outside too while everyone was playing. She enjoyed eating some snow

and mud.

We hope you all had a Merry Christmas! We know we certainly did!

No comments: