Saturday, December 24, 2011

Shelly's Wedding!

Warning: This post is mainly for my sisters so sorry if there's too many boring wedding details. At the beginning of the week I was lucky enough to escape the kids for a few days and head to sunny Arizona for my cousin Shelly's wedding. It was such a great time and I'm so glad I got to go! The night before we met up at the temple to see the lights. It was so cool to see how they did them up in the palm trees!Here's my cute nieces, nephews, cousins (and cousin's roommate) at the lights.Me and Lexie at the lights. My brother had to stay back at the hotel to do some class work so she was nice enough to let me hang out with her!


My cute nieces and nephews.
The cool lighted wise men and camels.
The actual wedding day was beautiful! We got to go to the temple early and do a session before the sealing. It was really neat. Here's her cute bridesmaids. The one in the middle is her older sister. I always thought that she was like Sophia and that Shelly (the one who got married) was like Lilly. I totally love their outfit choices! They're colors were teal, red and candy apple green. I love it!
Here's the happy couple.
Isn't she beautiful!? I love her bouquet too. It had these really cool teal jewels in the roses and fiddle head ferns. I love those! If I had known about them when I got married they totally would have been in my bouquet.

Here's the gorgeous temple. It really was a beautiful day!After the ceremony we headed over to the luncheon. It was at the prettiest place! Here's Jeff and Lexie in the courtyard.
Later that night they had the reception. It was so beautiful! Every little detail was so fun! Here's the cake.

And some of the food. They had bread bowls in the suitcase on the table with delicious soups.
There was also a sweet stop which was really cute. I love the look of the bench and chairs on the table. So fun!

Here's a close up of the books on the bench. So cute!They also put all these cute frames on the table that they served the treats on. I thought that was a super fun touch.


This picture is kind of blurry but here's my cute dad dancing with the bride. Her dad passed away a few years ago so my dad got to sit in for the dance. It was really sweet. If you look at her cute groom in the background you can see his awesome green shoes. His trademark is that he always wears green sneakers so he made sure to have snakeskin green shoes for his wedding. All of his groomsmen had matching pairs as well.Cute picture of the cute couple.


I thought it was pretty cute to put their presents under the tree.
They also had a hot chocolate bar which was pretty fun.

And then they left through a parade of sparklers and floating Chinese lanterns.Overall it was so fun and so beautiful and I'm glad I got to go! I was especially glad to see my grandma and bring back some of her delicious citrus!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh I love it all!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Can I get married again and use these same ideas?!? I'm not sure about the colors...but I love the shoes and the tree presents and the hot chocolate. Glad you had fun!

The Favorite said...

Very fun! I'm glad you went to and gave my grandma lots of hugs from me :)