Wednesday, December 7, 2011

More Randomness

Get ready for some random pictures! We finally cleared off the camera and it's fun to see what was on there. These first few were obviously taken in the hands of a camera thief. It looks like she got some good ones though.




A few weeks ago Sophia found these curlers that we had not used in forever. She begged me to put them in her hair (she used to hat when I used to do it so I thought that was kind of funny). We put them in on Saturday night and she looked beautiful for church the next day! And yes, looks like it's time to cut those bangs.The other day I found the girls watching TV like this. Apparently they took to higher ground to escape the Mabel monster. Their very favorite game is to pretend she's a monster. Kinda drives me (and Mabes) nuts!

My mom saw this cute idea in a Christmas book and recommended that I try it with my acorns. I think they turned out ok. Not quite as cute as the example but they were using different types of acorns.

Here's the girls with their paper chain countdowns for Christmas! In case the other 8 countdowns we have are not enough, we decided to do these ones as well.

Here's a Bird of Paradise (I told you these pictures would be random!) Sophia created from a picture she saw of one in a kids encyclopedia. I love all her little creations (and yes I'm pretty sure she did have help from Dad on this one).
Last week we had our ward Christmas party. My amazing friend was in charge and asked me to help. I mainly did the food (it was really hard to call and place orders) and had fun doing it. (We also had people sign up to bring desserts from around the world so that made it easy). It was the night before Lilly's party (I really don't know why I planned a birthday party for the next day - aside from the fact that I'm crazy! - but it worked out.) Here's the cultural hall all decorated. Our RS President has some sort of hookup with a guy who has a bunch of lights so we strung them throughout the whole room. It's kind of hard to see but they stretched from wall to wall.
Our theme was "Joy to the World". We had people bring Christmas items from around the world to display. This was our contribution from Sweden. My friend also put out papers that told about different traditions in other countries. We gave the kids a passport and they got to put a sticker on the country where the item in the display from. We also had little paper crafts for them to make representing different things from around the world. I think it turned out pretty good.

My friend also had this awesome collection of ceramic Santa's from around the world that she put out. There must have been about 30 of them. They were awesome!

We asked someone from our RS Presidency to do the table decor. As always, she did an amazing job! We kind of wanted to create the feel of a global bazaar and I think this definitely helped!After dinner we had a program with people either performing something or telling about Christmas from different parts of the world. Everyone did a great job. We even had a former bishop play his ukulele and sing an Australian Christmas song. It was awesome. At the end my friend and her daughter played "Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella" on the piano and french horn. It was beautiful! I guess the song is about little milk maids and shepherds going to see the baby Jesus. We had a couple in our ward (and their new baby) stand up on the stage while all the primary kids wandered up to visit them while they played. It was pretty neat.Overall it was a great party but I'm so glad it's over!

And for the final random picture, my cute little baby has discovered the garbage can in the bathroom and puts EVERYTHING in it! On this day it happened to be all of Lilly's party hats and a few dice. I'm always finding things like sippy cups, laundry, toys, etc in there. She's such a stinker! I don't know how to stop her (aside from keeping the door to the bathroom shut - which I always forget to do) and I'm tired of checking the garbage for things before I throw it out!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the random posts! Love Sophie-s hair- love the acorns, love the countdown chain, love the bird, LOVE the party, and silly Mabel. Jacob would throw everything in the toilet and flush it. We had to replace the whole thing when a hotwheel got stuck in it and we couldn't get it out from the top or bottom, so be grateful she doesn't do that!