Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Fun!

This post is not really in order but that's ok. I'll see if I can still make sense out of it. Here's my three cuties on Easter morning in their new duds. We tried hard to get a good picture but this is the best we got.

Me and my girls. Doug got a new tie and looked really nice too but we forgot to take a picture.
We were lucky enough to have my parents join us for dinner last night. My mom brought the yummy ham and our meal also included bunny rolls (family tradition)and yummy parfaits.


My mom also brought these gorgeous daffodils from her house. These things are huge! One of them is seriously the size of my hand. Beautiful!
On Saturday we had fun celebrating Easter with an hunt at my mom's house.

Mabel was excited to have her own basket!

She especially loved dragging it through the mud
Sophia's haul.I think we all did pretty good! (BTW we headed up to city creek this week - which was awesome and had a little too much fun at H&M. I got the girls matching dresses for $5 a piece! That's almost cheaper than DI!)

Afterward we took some pictures of cousins together before they had to go back home.

The Sandy Millers joined us as well and it was so fun!
My mom and dad with Stu and Hiromi and their cute girls.

Afterward we headed to Doug's mom's for another Easter party.
Here's everyone getting ready to take their turn at the pinata.

Here's Sophia taking a swing.

Bridger hit it open and the kids were excited to dig in!
We let the older kids take a turn at the head and Kaleen hit it into the tree. It was pretty funny.

After all that fun we put the girls in bed and then helped the Easter Bunny get their baskets ready. Sophia got a kite (and I had to keep the tradition of chocolate eggs with their names on them - my mom always did this growing up and I loved it!)Mabel got a Peter Rabbit book and some doggy bath toys


and Lilly was spoiled as well with bath stuff. They also got these dresses (that were on clearance at Crazy 8's. Love that store!)They also got these giant coloring books. Funny story about these. I bought them a few weeks ago and hid them in a place that I thought was pretty good. Sophia of course discovered them and asked what they were for and so I told her the Easter Bunny asked to hide them there for Easter. I forgot to put them out with their baskets though so after they opened their baskets Sophia said, "can I get those coloring books out now?" Oops! Thank goodness she was there to save the Easter Bunny's mistake!

Later that night we did our Symbols of Easter eggs (thanks again Katie) and talked about why we have Easter. Overall it was a great day!

No comments: