Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Latest Fun

We had a pretty fun spring break. Too bad this is the only picture I took the whole week. We actually all got this nasty cold stuff so we spent the majority of the week sniffly and sneezy. We did get to have a fun play date with my old roommates and kids and with these cute girls.This is a random picture for cousin Jane. She loves vegetables and eats them whole all the time. We had to take this picture of Sophia eating a whole cucumber just for her.Another fun thing we enjoyed this week was seeing our tulips bloom! I'm not sure what kind this is but I love it! I love this one too. Love the ruffles. It's a little hard to see but there's another bud just to the right of it. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be two headed but I'll take it!



Speaking of spring and flowers, I also took my girls to see this play at the Hale Theatre.

The did a wonderful job with it and it was really fun to go with all of the Wilkins' girls/cousins. Doug's sister planned it awhile ago and I was only planning on bringing Sophia because I thought Lilly was too young. I had been showing Sophia YoutTube videos of the musical so that she would be a little bit familiar with it and Lilly loved that there was a character named Lily in the show and that there was a song about Lily's eyes. When I told her she was going to stay home with Daddy while Sophia and I went she got pretty upset because she wanted to see Lilly. I called the theatre to see if I could still get her a seat and by some miracle they had 1 seat left so she got to come along after all.


It was such an amazing show! They had a pretty spectacular cast too. They guy who played Uncle Archie was the voice of Jean Valjean in the in concert version of Les Mis. He was amazing! The little girl who played Mary was amazing too. It was her debut performance and she really was spectacular. The best part was that her name is Mable in real life! Also, the guy who played Dickon is in Vocal Point and was on the Sing Off (or whatever that show's called). It really was an all star cast and they did a great job.


My girls did a good job too and I was surprised how well Lilly did. I'm a little embarrassed that this is the only picture I got from the night but I guess it's a good sign of how good the show was right? I think they're both probably dreaming of this song (my favorite!)

Here's a random cute shot of this little girl looking happy for once! She has had this blasted ear infection for about 3-4 weeks now. She's on a new antibiotic now and I hope that it will finally clear things up. the poor thing is just miserable.

We spent plenty of time in front of the TV and computer last week but we also tried to do other things that did not involve a screen including Play Dough. Here's Sophia's awesome turtle island that she constructed.

And Lilly's wonderful masterpiece.

We also had fun in the bath putting play shaving cream on our heads that the girls got for Easter.We also had a fun surprise visit from Grandma Miller. She brought the girls Happy Nappers. They love them! Thanks grandma!


Last but not least, the day we have waited for almost 83 days is finally here! Hooray for the end of tax season!

We're headed on a little vacation tomorrow to enjoy some time together as a family again!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad you made it through and I hope you all get feeling better! Things can only get better, right?