Monday, April 2, 2012

As of late...

Get ready for an explosion of pictures! Here's what we've been up to lately.

The other morning I made pancakes using coconut oil. They were so yummy! I think it's safe to say that others would agree with that (side note-do you love the slightly angled look of Sophia's bangs? That would be a result of her taking matters into her own hands).The other morning while I was away the girls had fun making food color rainbows with dad. Sophia has been really into wanting to learn how to sew lately. These were her first attempts at pillows. I think she did a good job. Here's a shot of Mabel pitching in with the cleaning around here. She actually did sweep these dried cherries up and did a pretty good job.Because Doug has been working so many late nights lately and well, because I'm lazy I've been letting the girls fall asleep in our bed. I loved how they fell asleep the other night.
To help keep the girls quiet during conference we decided to pull out the white board. It was fun to see the creations they came up with.During the priesthood session we headed up with my mom to play with cousins that are in town. It was so fun! One of the things we did with them was color eggs. We also made some yummy nest treats to share. They turned out pretty yummy if I do say so myself!Here's how the eggs turned out. These ones were Karen's. and Sam's (he decided to color them in a pattern and I think he did a good job!) Here's Sophia's and Lilly's. Last night we went up to my brother's house to celebrate my brother and his family being in town and to celebrate the anniversary of these cuties (sorry I didn't get a better shot - they always look great though!)!My sister-in-law picked up these yummy cakes to celebrate the occasion.Here's Doug and Mabel relaxing to The Muppets before dinner.We also enjoyed a pre-dinner show of Karen's tricks.Here's Mabel and Erin. These two are only about 3 months apart. We tried to get Erin to teach Mabel how to talk. That girl can talk! She seriously knows a lot of words. It was so cute!Here's some of the amazing Japanese food my brother made for the occasion. Assorted ramens.Chicken Terriyaki and potsickers. Everything was amazing and I left in a food coma. I'm pretty sure I woke up with a food hangover this morning too.Because Karen lives in South Carolina she doesn't see much snow. She was pretty excited about the little skiff that was in their backyard. She built this cute little snowman family. The tallest one was about a foot tall. I love them!Lilly built this one too.






















Here's a little prespective on it's actual size. I love it.

Here's Karen and Erin in front of the cherry blossoms at my brothers house. They are both so priceless. I love them!After dinner we decided to let the kids play with these that my sister Melissa had sent. They loved them and it made quite the mess (thanks again Tonya!) Mabel preferred to pick out each piece of confetti one by one.After we got home this girl lost another tooth right before heading to bed. So fun!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow another tooth!! Thanks for all the pictures!! I love them so much- glad you guys had fun!

The Favorite said...

Super fun!
Sad I missed out- but we'll be there soon. Give hugs to those cuties from us :)

Alice-Anne said...

your post makes me hungry! you guys always have great food...love it!