Thursday, October 24, 2013

Arts and Crafty Stuff

I can't believe I haven't gotten on here in a month!  Instagram and Facebook have ruined me!  I'm bound and determined to keep this thing updated though since it's kind of our scrapbook/journal/whatever you want to call it!

Here's some of the latest arts and crafts the kids have been up to.  Lilly drew this self portrait awhile ago.  I kind of love it!
 This guy also became part of a masterpiece thanks to his sisters!
Sophia brought this gem home from church a few weeks ago.  It was supposed to be something they could pray for.  Magic.  Love it!  We can all dream.
The girls created this pumpkin light a little bit ago too.  I think it's kind of fun and kept them busy for awhile which was a definite plus!
Sophia wrote this song last Sunday.  She's written a few other awesome ones since. One was about gum.  This one might be my favorite.  I'm not sure if she's either looking for alone time or feels lonely.  I love the music notes at the top though!
Here's a few of her other "masterpieces" that were unfortunately not found in the greatest places.  This one is on the post outside our house.
 As well as one in the car (scratched in).  Not lovin it so much.
 And yet again more scratching on the wall!
Last Saturday Lilly was pretty sure that we needed to make cookies first thing in the morning.
 Lewis had fun helping us decorate!
 Unfortunately he got a little frosting on himself too.
Sophia had a book report at school this week where she had to decorate a baby pumpkin to look like the main character.  I love it!  She did a pretty great job!
I recently was called as an assistant Activity Days leader in our ward and I love it!  We took the girls to the Springville Art Museum.  They're such a fun group! (sad that my phone takes crappy pictures and that this one turned out so blurry!)
 Here's Sophia playing in one of the exhibits about play.
And finally a masterpiece from Mabel.  It's a balloon.  We were playing Pictionary one Sunday afternoon and she wanted to get in on the action.  She liked to come up with her own words to draw pictures of and this was one of the.  I think it turned out pretty good!

No comments: