Sunday, December 6, 2015

Anniversagiving

One more random picture from Thanksgiving.  We have been replacing some lights in our house and finally replaced the chandelier in our entryway.  My SIL gave us this when she moved.  It was an old brass chandelier but with a little spray paint it has new life! 
 Our anniversary was the day before thanksgiving this year.  Our kids made us breakfast in bed
 and an awesome candy poster.
 They also included some cute notes.
 They are sure great.
 We dropped our kids off at my brothers and then went to the Salt Lake Temple and Red Iguana for lunch. So good to be in that temple again and lunch was so yummy.  After that we checked into a hotel to have a kid free night!! We stayed in a loft room which was kind of fun.  This was the only picture I took but it was a fun room and the best part was that the hotel gave us a complimentary upgrade for our anniversary. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that it was Thanksgiving and they were just grateful to have guests! We brought our kids back the next night and they loved it too!
 Doug gave me this for our anniversary and it's my favorite.  He's sketched baby pictures of all our kids and this was Lewis'.
 Speaking of that Lewis, it was fun to get lots of snaps of him from my nephew. He was in good hands!
 We went to dinner at the Dodo and came home to this place of delicious strawberries from the hotel. We were so spoiled!
 I sure love this guy and am grateful for 12 years+ with him!
 The next day we went to my brother's to get our kids and had thanksgiving with them.  My nephew did the appetizers and they were amazing. These were only half of them!
 After that we headed to Doug's parents house for Thanksgiving #2.  This little boy apparently had too much turkey.
 After that we came back up to Salt Lake for another night.  The next day we packed up and took the kids to the see "A Good Dinosaur".  I absolutely loved it.  It was sooo good!! Then we went to the Grand America to see their window displays.  They were amazing!! Each one was decorated to match a Christmas song.  They also had a scavenger hunt with the windows and the kids got a cookie at the end.  If you need a free fun thing to do in Salt Lake I recommend this!


 They also had this gingerbread house made of real gingerbread!
 "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth".
 "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town".
 This on was the Grinch.  He would come in and out of the chimney.
"The 12 days of Christmas".  I think there were about 20 windows in all. They were seriously all so ornate and amazing!
 After that we went to the Church History Museum along with the rest of the state to see the new exhibits. Mabel loved the kid part but it was so crazy busy that we'll have to come back and enjoy it another day.
 They had a fun little kid area that Lewis enjoyed riding the camel in.
 After that we went and grabbed some hot chocolate (or hot dog in Sophia's case) to warm up before heading out to see the lights.  Doug was not feeling well and was a good sport to persevere.  Lewis was also a little tired apparently.
 The lights finally came on and we ran through them quick (as quick as we could through a crowd of a billion people) and then came home.
 Finally, I have some really nice friends who spoil me with some really cute things!

No comments: