Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Party Weekend

Last weekend was pretty great and full of parties!! On Saturday we went to the annual Ivins Christmas Party with Doug's family.  
 The theme this year was Christmas around the world and Doug and his cousin who served in Sweden were assigned to talk about Christmas in Sweden.  His cousin's wife and I put together this little display and brought some swedish foods to sample.
The girls enjoyed being angels in the nativity too. It seems like there are more and more kids in it every year!
The party isn't complete without a visit from the big guy.
 One little boy was too afraid to sit in his lap but apparently that didn't stop him from getting a gift.
 He got a Blaze truck! He was pretty excited.
 This boy cracks me up. He would be out shoveling snow all day if I let him.  He loves it.
 On Sunday we had some of my college roommates and their families over for dinner.  It was so fun!! There are 13 (almost 14) kids between us! This was the kid table where I had set up oranges and cloves for the kids to decorate them with.
 And the adult table.
My friend Erin made the best Bouche do Noel with the cutest meringue mushrooms.  It was seriously the best cake I've ever tasted!
 We had a picture from the same gathering a few years ago when these 3 were just newborns. We tried to recreate the picture but 2 year olds are not as cooperative as newborn babies!
Erin gave me this cute star that is apparently made with glass from the Provo Temple.  Pretty cool!! Lauren gave me the cutest IKEA stuff and a christmas cactus! I love it and hope I can keep it alive!
 The next day it snowed like crazy!! We got almost 16"!
 On Tuesday it was Doug's birthday.  Apparently we went with a Star Wars theme this year.  Sophia made this creation...
 He got some yummy treats, a blu ray player to replace ours that died and Darth Vader slippers. It was a good day until I started feeling really sick.  I hope he had a good day despite that!
 Yesterday Mabel said she wanted to make something with fabric.  Here's what she came up with.  I think it's a Nativity scene and I love it!

No comments: