Monday, December 3, 2007

We got it (hopefully)!

So after many failed attempts of trying to get the little beast we gave up and I went to Walmart at 10 om last night and picke up 16 mouse traps (I was a little paranoid). I picked up three different kinds and we put one of each in Sophia's room before we went to bed. We put the rest throughout the house just in case more than one managed to get in during the 5 hours our door was open the other night. We let Sophia sleep with us last night and sealed off her room so the little bugger couldn't get out. Let me tell you how much fun it was to have all 4 of us (baby included) in our full size bed. I think I had a knee or elbow in my back the entire night. Of course I couldn't sleep very well any way because I was paranoid about a little critter running through my house. When we woke up this morning we found it on the sticky pad type trap. Apparently those are the most successful kinds of traps. I really just hope it didn't being any friends with it. We'll see. I Lysoled everything really good this morning and am slowly starting to get the house put back together and ready for the baby tomorrow! Again we'll keep you posted on how things go! Last night I dreamt it was a little Lewis. We'll see what it actually is tomorrow!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW Congratulations on the capture. We had a little mouse in our Tulsa house last winter and I CREEPED me out too! We bought a bunch of traps too (not the sticky kind..hmmm) but I was kind of glad we never "caught" anything. I just patched up all the holes in the wall from some stupid pipe and it went away. We never found it (thank goodness) But it ate a lot of mouse poison so we think it died outside eventually. Yucky!

James and Tiff said...

You are so funny! What a trooper you are:) I know how it is to have a foot or elbow in your back or stomach! Drezden is such a wiggle worm! I am getting really excited for tomorrow! I hope that all goes well for you:) We love you guys!

ottspot said...

1 more day! Woohoo! So excited for you! You won't get much sleep tonight I'm sure...but, hey, you won't be getting much sleep for a while now right? :-)

PureDesign said...

I do I have some mouse stories from my mission I could tell.

I HATE mice, rats, or any other little friends of that nature....

Kerstin and Scott said...

Good luck Joanna- we will have to get together after things settle down and we can see eachother's babies. Sarah is having one next month too!

Emily said...

Glad you caught it! What a crazy week. A new mouse and a new baby! Good luck tomorrow. You are more brave than I. I will always find out what I am having!

CooleyConnection said...

I've found that if the traps don't work, just mentioning the rates that you charge your renters sends them packing... lousy freeloaders! And always with the "CHEESE!"

ottspot said...

Yay! Welcome little Lily (did I spell that right?) Can't wait to meet you...Sawyer is eager as well! :-)

Telisa said...

Hi Jo! Wow, u r having your baby tomorrow? How exciting. And I guess you don't know the sex yet. Can't wait! How do u guys like your new house out in Payson? Can you email me your address? I'm sending out Christmas cards. Thanks! Good luck tomorrow!