Friday, December 7, 2007

Welcome Home Baby "Willy"

We are so excited to have this new addition in our family. She has already been such a a joy and things are going so well! We got to the hospital at 5 am on Tuesday (Dec. 4 - I wasn't due until the 11th but with a scheduled c-section they took her a week early). They got me prepped and ready and I was in the operating room by 6:30. She was born at 7:00 am exactly and weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 19 1/2 inches. We named her Lilly Wilkins (after my grandma Nicholl).
This picture was taken right after she was born.

It was so fun to hear her little cry for the first time and to find out that we had another girl! I was so excited because I can do girls. They're pretty easy. I was also excited to know I didn't have to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe and that I can now dress my two girls alike.

They had me down to Mother/Baby by 9:00 and I really was feeling good. It was such a different experience from Sophia. It was so much more peaceful and I really felt no pain at all. It was fabulous! I would definitely go for a planned c-section any day of the week! The first day was great and we had a great time with visitors. My great grandma Miller surprised us from Arizona with my aunt Ronni and uncle Chris. It was so great to see all of them and I was glad that got to meet Lilly. The next day I did start to feel a little more pain and I was more tired. The first thing the nurse told me was that she wanted me to take 4 walks that day. And she didn't just mean walks to the bathroom. She wanted me up and down the halls. I wanted to tell her a few words of my own but I was actually really glad that she had me do that because I think it really helped me bounce back quickly.

Yesterday was a good day and Lilly and I were able to spend a lot of alone time together just bonding. It was fabulous. Doug came by at about 5 pm to get us and then we got Sophia from his brother's house (thanks again to everyone who watched her!) and then we came home. We had a pretty good night last night and again are so glad that our new little girl is here safe and sound. Hope you're all doing well! Enjoy the too many pictures and video of Sophia and her new little sister "Willy"!

Lilly pondering how she feels about her brand new world.


A happy new baby!

Lilly with grandma and grandpa Miller.

Lilly with Grandma Ivins (Doug's Grandma).

Classic new family picture. Doug looks just a little bit tired and Sophia is on a treasure hunt!

Lilly and Dad.


My best Christmas present ever!



Lilly's flowers (including a bouquet of Lilies from family).


All ready to come home!

We're home!

Lilly's first photo shoot. Merry Christmas!

Baby Willy from jmwilkins10 on Vimeo.

9 comments:

The Three Musketeers and their Mommy said...

Lilly is so beautiful! You look fabulous Joanna! I am glad that everything went so well with Lilly's birth. Your house looks so cute. I am so happy that you guys found a nice house. I had no idea that you had a blog. I am so happy that you do. It will be fun to keep in touch with it. Oh, and I'm glad you caught that mouse!

The Three Musketeers and their Mommy said...

This is Libby by the way.

The Favorite said...

Find anything Sophs? Oh, that picture with mom and dad made me cry, I can't wait to see everyone again. Lilly is so little, and so are you Jo- lookin' good! Get some sleep when you can (this includes you Douglas.) We'll be there to hold little Lilly soon.

Melissa said...

SO Cute! What a sweet baby- can't wait to see her in real life. Those pictures were great. I love the stocking ones. Jacob was sitting on my lap when we watched the video and even he started to smile and coo- he's happy he has a new cousin (to beat on and what not- just kidding!) And you look FABULOUS!!! It is so unfair! You look so good as a post-preg mom- no fair!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you guys made it! Everyone looks great too and I'm so glad we got to stop in and say hello at the hospital room, but sorry for the intrusion! Let us know if you need anything, and try to rest up when you can. But lets get together sometime when your up to it and you can give me all the advice for the hospital and motherhood and whatever else!!

Katie said...

Congrats on sweet little Lilly. She is beautiful. Love the video of baby willy and Sophie.

CooleyConnection said...

Congrats on the new arrival!

The Ullery Family said...

Gracie was so excited to find out that Uncle Doug is a Doctor! She likes him a lot and may be switching to him as her new medical care giver. Go Doug! We loved all the pictures and are glad you are all doing so well. Let us know if you need anything and when we can bring you dinner!

Lauren said...

Wow Jo, I am so glad this delivery went so much smoother. Lilly is adorable and Sophie is such a cute sister. I LOVE the nose mining pic!!! Too funny.