Sunday, August 23, 2009

Birthday Par-tay

Warning: This post contains a lot of pictures in no particular order.


Yesterday we had a fun princess party (a little cliche, I know) for Sophia's Birthday. Her actual day is today so it worked great to have a party yesterday. Here we are waiting for guests to arrive.
Here's the birthday girl in her new princess jammies.
The highlight of the party was a visit from Cinderella herself! It was so fun to have her there!
She even brought Sophia a Cinderlla crown - so cute!
Another cute princess
Don't laugh too much but here's my attempt at the cake. Doug is pretty sure it belongs on Cake Wrecks so watch for it there. It's supposed to be Cinderella's carriage and I think it turned out okay. Not great, but okay. My great friend Nancy is still away for the summer so this is the best I could do without her.
Here she is blowing out the cake.
Opening gifts.
The loot. I think we could have used a few more princess items.Here's all the friends with Cinderlla.
Cinderella and Sophia's friend Rachel.
This was Sophia's expression when she first saw Cinderella. She wasn't overly excited but she also wasn't screaming so we were pleased. She was a little nervous about Cinderella coming a few weeks ago and I told her it wasn't a scary thing and that it would be fun. She thought about it for a minute and then said, "but is she bringing her stepmother?". I assured her that she wasn't and so she was okay with it. The night before we went to an Orem Owls game and Sophia was totally freaked out by the owl and we had to leave early. Doug was saying that she would probably react the same way to Cinderella at her party. Sophia assured him that she wouldn't be like that because Cinderella talks and is not as big as a mountain.
Cute shot of the Lils.
We also played Pin the Crown on the Princess (although she looks a little like Miley Cirus). Thanks again fro all the princess party goods mom! Unfortuntately the mask that came with the game didn't do the greatest job of covering eyes (or Will is just really good at this game).
The snack table. I think the rose suckers were a hit!
Here's the backdrop for taking pictures with Cinderella. My mom had all this stuff. It was amazing!
The birthday girl with her favorite soon-to-be aunt Lexie!

4 comments:

One Fish said...

The picture of Soph's expression is too funny! I'm pretty sure that if I made a cake it would look like that too. We need Nancy to come back.

Jennifer Lyn said...

So fun! Wish we could have been there. Emma has that Little People princess castle too. Happy Birthday Sophie! (And congrats Joanna on surviving age 3) :)

Stacy Risenmay said...

So cute. I am jealous. I want a princess party too!

Stacy Risenmay said...

I should clarify. Not for me... for a future girl I may or may not have. If that makes any sense!