Friday, August 7, 2009

Sweet Deals!

Before I get into the sweet deals from this week here's a random from Sophia. She worked very hard on this project last week. She cut out a piece of wrapping paper all by herself and then very caredully layed each of these things out on the paper. She then came to get me and showed me what she had done and asked "can you wrap it now?" Now to the deals. Deal #1: I've gotten into couponing and there were some pretty good deals in the stores last week but I'm not going to post about how much I saved (cause I also spent a lot). Sunflower Market had peaches for $0.39/lb and I thought that was a pretty good deal. I called to see if they'd sell me a whole box of peaches and they said they would set one aside. I went in the next day to pick it up and they told me they don't hold fruit for customers and that it's just first come first serve. Because of that they were out of the peaches on sale. The worker told me though that since someone had told me they had a box for me they would give me a box of white peaches instead. Have you ever had a white peach? They're delicious. They're much sweeter than a yellow peach. Anyway, I was more than happy to take home a 25 lb box of white peaches for $10 instead of yellow ones. They canned pretty nicely as well.

Deal #2 The scrapbook sale that I blogged about a few months ago took place again this past week. They had good deals again and I got some good things. They also had a seperate sale going on where you could fill a bag for $4 and a box for either $15 or $25. I opted for the bag and got a ton! It's a little hard to see but I seriously crammed a lot in that tiny bag.
My friend went back later that afternoon and told me they were no longer doing the bags because people were fitting too much in them. We went back the next day and they had smaller bags for $6. I still filled one and got quite a bit. When I got the $4 bag I was able to stuff about 12 packs of die cuts into the bag. I pulled a few (65) out of the bags and put them on paper for a little book for Lilly. So cheap!
When I was there the next day two of my friends filled one of the $15 boxes. We came back to my house after and unloaded it. Here's what they were able to fit inside:
It's a little hard to see but they had over 65 packs of cards (with 4-5 cards/pack) a bunch of stickers, a stack of paper, a handful of die cuts, 5 gift bags, and a bunch of single cards. It was crazy! They were pretty much giving the stuff away.
Here's a close up of all the cards. We figured out each pack was about $0.20 a piece without counting all the paper, stickers, and bags.
I also got some wall art that I used for my farm window instead. (Don't hate me Jen! Sorry that I didn't let you make the flowers for me). I thought it turned out pretty cute. Thanks again for the suggestion for how to arrange it mom!
They also had a cheap table in the other sale. I got the Happy Halloween metal holder for $2 and each of the albums (the blue and pink ones) for $0.50 each!
They also had cute pressed flower key chains and push pins for $0.10! They're having this sale again in 2 weeks. Let me know if you want details. It really is not one to miss.
Here's a bonus fun thing we did lately. Sophia and I made this alphabet book for her using pictures from magazines. She asked me to start cutting out letters one day and so we thought it would be fun to make an alphabet book. She had a great time looking for pictures and I thought it turned out pretty good.

5 comments:

Jennifer Lyn said...

I love that Sophie is so into projects. (I wonder where she gets it? :) What an awesome sale. I wish I was in Utah. :( And no worries about the flowers. I think they look awesome!

ottspot said...

I can't believe you already made Lilly a word book and redid your farm window...I haven't even unpacked the stuff we got!

stu said...

Wow! Lot's of good finds there. And impressive projects. What a fun activity for Sophia!

Lauren said...

I'm glad you guys had fun organizing the stuff we got! It looks incredible all laid out like that. Sorry I couldn't stay but I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon! Good job on all your crafty projects!

The Chipmans said...

Cute farm window! You did such a great job with it. I'm glad it went to good use.