Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Anniversary Note

Back in November Doug and I celebrated 6 years of happiness. He wrote me a sweet note that talked all about how 6 years is supposed to be the year of iron. I didn't post it at the time because it mentioned something we didn't want to make pubic knowledge yet (although Sophia spilled to our families on Thanksgiving - it was pretty obvious with how I was acting/feeling that day anyway). I've since heard a heartbeat and so I think it's okay to post here now.
In case you can't read it, here's what it says. (Feel free to skip this part).

"Happy Anniversary!!! What a fun time to celebrate our lives together and to think back on all the good times we had. We 've definitely had some good times. It's crazy to think that we've been married for 6 years. Luckily for me, and thanks to you, they have been 6 extremely wonderful years. Well according to the internet, year 6 is the year of "iron". Sounds romantic doesn't it? I think "iron" is fairly appropriate considering all the shirts you've "ironed" for me this past year. It's definitely been more than 6. Or maybe it's referring to the way "I run" as fast as I can to get home to see you everyday. Of course it's been a lot more like hobbling lately with my bum knee slowing me down. Perhaps sixth year "iron" stands for the "irony" of our past year. At the beginning of the year we felt that it would be a fairly uneventful and mellow year. A year that would lack some of the surprises we've experienced in years past. However, this year was, in my opinion, one of the most surprising years we've experienced together. Will we ever forget the emergency appendix removal, the broken muffler (and door), or the shock of finding out your were pregnant immediately following our "we're good with two" discussion? If that's not irony, I don't know what is! Maybe "iron" is some kind of subliminal message from our new baby trying to get it's two cents in the name picking game "Mommy 'I RON'". Maybe not! Well, whatever it stands for I'm sure glad I've been able to spend the past 6 years with you and I can't wait for 60 more! Or maybe just forever it that's okay with you? It looks like next year us the year of "copper". Hmmm.....I can't wait to see which one of us will end up in jail! :)" and then it goes on with mushy stuff that I'll spare you from (I love you Doug).

Anyway, so the secret's out. Baby Wilkins numero tres is on route with an ETA in the first part of July. It depends on if I want my scheduled c-section before or after the 4th of July. I was telling my sister-in-law that I think I'd rather be comfortable on the holiday and she asked if that meant still being pregnant or already having the baby. I guess it's a toss up either way.

P.S. Don't mind the huge family picture at the top of the blog. Anyone know how to make it smaller?

14 comments:

selway2005 said...

Congrats Beautiful Mama...That baby is lucky to be coming to your family! What a sweet letter...I'm impressed...the kind of things that I think of but never put into writing, unfortunately. Good luck through the pregnancy!

ottspot said...

July babies are great! Of course us June babies aren't too shabby either.

You know, I think you need to have a boy now...so that I can have a girl next and your boy will be appropriately older than my girl when they date. Lol.

Bridget said...

Congratulations!

Stacy Risenmay said...

YEAH!!! That is so fun! I am so excited for you! I hope you haven't been too sick.

photobucket.com You can re-size it there, right click on it after and "save as" to where you keep all your pictures.

Janelle said...

Wow! Round three, here you go! Congratulations and what a great letter. You and Doug are great - so fun and loving. I wonder what it would have been like if we were still neighbors with 4 girls running around?

Nancy said...

I love your family photo in the header. It looks really cute. Congrats on #3. I hope the sickness is short lived and the pregnancy is smooth!

Jennifer Lyn said...

Congrats! I told Kevin how cute it was that you celebrated with 'iron' so he is frantically finding what 5 years is supposed to be. :) Good luck with bein prego! And good luck during tax season!

Amy said...

Congrats! I guess we'll be trying this 3 children thing at about the same time. :)

stu said...

What a great husband you have. And congrats again on san-ban (#3). We're very excited for you guys. So cool that now two of each of our kids will be so close in age!

Melissa said...

Cute note- very thoughtful. Maybe you can name the baby Tony Spark now that you know that is Iron Man's name :) Too cute- you guys sure have had an eventful year!! Sheesh!! Congrats on the baby again! We will be sending you boy vibes, no one needs three girls, although it was fun growing up with three :)

Leda Johnson said...

ahhh, isn't my brother the sweetest....Now we all know why Kimber wanted to marry him when we were younger...Me? Well, I knew him too well for that ;) Oh, and I didn't know you were expecting in July! David and I are thinking of coming out for our annual fourth of July Utah trip. I hope we're there when you have the baby!

Alice-Anne said...

What a sweet note! Doug is such a good guy! Congratulations on #3! That's so exciting!! Hope you feel well, soon!!

Lauren said...

So happy for you guys. Could Doug be any more thoughtful??? I often ask for letters for special events... I guess my guy isn't philosophical. :)

Serena said...

Congrats Jo & Doug! I hope your pregnancy is treating you well & will for the next months. By the way, your Christmas card was really fun to see. Your kids are adorable.