Wednesday, September 8, 2010

At the Carni

We took part in a few of the Golden Onion Days celebrations this weekend. On Friday we took the kids down to the Carnival in the park. They had a blast. We let them ride a few of the rides and they had so much fun. They had fun on the cars. And the flying saucers.

The Claterpillar however, not so much. They are in the second car. Lilly sobbed through the whole ride. I think there was too much clattering. When they got off she said, "I was just nervous about that caterpillah". Can't blame her.
The train, however, made up for it and was very fun (and a little bit too creepily happy).
We ran into a family in our ward who was there to taking their daughter's bridal pictures. I couldn't resist taking a picture. I thought it was a pretty cute idea. Definitely unique.We also had a little bit too much fun with Mabel. Here she is sporting her new hat.
And kind of smiling. This was the best I could get. She's been so smiley lately! I love it! She even laughed for the first time yesterday while I was getting her undressed. I love it too! Here's what I decided on for the little nightstand thing in her room. I think it's okay for now. Her blessing dress was too big do I settled on the shoes and bonnet. I think it turned out okay. I'll probably switch it up occasionally.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

That looks like a lot of fun! We had a mini fun park by us in Little Rock and Josh loved to ride the train and the little cars. It was so cute to see. I like what you did with the table decorations. That looks so sweet!

Melissa said...

Awesome carnival! But I'm not so sure about the carney bridal shoots- um...Love the "nervous about the caterpillah" SO cute. Glad that they get to be scared together. Super cute night stand idea- love it! And I love those first little giggles when you take clothes over their head- Luc still does it and I love it every time.

stu said...

Loving these updates. Cute pics of the kids. I can definitely related to Mabel's "leaky pants". Erin's shared a few of her own. Glad you got to see "Joseph". Many good memories. "Joseph's mother, she was quite my favorite wife..."