Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Grotto and Such

We took another fun trip to the Grotto again this weekend. It was so good to get outside and we had fun getting leaves for "our collections" as Lilly kept saying.Sweet Mabel was a trooper without a sling to be carried in. Good thing it's a short hike! Our little family. We took this one with the timer and I thought it turned out pretty good. If you look closely you'll notice two things about Lilly. First, I got tired of her long stringy hair and cut it off last week. It's a bit of a boy cut but it looks pretty cute. Second, you can barely see it but she suddenly has a dimple on her left cheek. She fell into a door frame a few weeks ago and had a pretty good sized bruise there and now there's a dimple there in it's place. It's pretty cute when she smiles. Not sure if it's related to the fall at all or if it's random but we'll keep it! Here's a funny story related to that though. When Doug was in elementary school (or maybe it was junior high) someone threw a stale candy Dot (they're pretty stale anyway but I guess this one was extra hard) at his forehead and now he has a dimple/dent thing where it hit him. He swears that's what it's from anyway. Well I guess it's genetic because now Lilly has a dimple from her injury.

After we got home we did some leaf rubbings. Some of us were good enough with a straight crayon over the top but apparently that left a little more to be desired for one of us. You're amazing Doug!
After seeing my sister's cute boy in them, we decided to invest in some Baby Legs. I think they're pretty cute and I love how one size literally fits everyone. Mabel enjoyed them.
Look at those cute toes!
And so did Lilly.
Finally, my amazing friend Stacy (who just started two cute new blogs) made me some yummy cupcakes! She said she loves the show "Cupcake Wars" and has had fun making cupcakes lately. The ones she brought me were chocolate malt and root beer float. Look at the cute straws in the root beer ones! The root beer ones had this root beer caramel in the middle. They were amazing! Oh so yummy. I'm pretty sure I need the recipe. Thanks again Stacy!








3 comments:

stu said...

Wow. Doug really did a nice job on those leaf rubbings. Good to talk to you yesterday. Glad you guys had a good visit to the MTC.

Lauren said...

I love Lilly's haircut!! So cute! Maddie used to wear baby legs all the time--I'll have to get them out again. I love them on Mabel.

Melissa said...

Love these pictures! Too cute- Love the dimples- I've don't remember any stories for the ones I have, I always thought I was born with them. Maybe I should blame them on Jeff or Liza. Those cupcakes look AMAZING!! I LOVE cupcake wars! I want to eat some right now- let me know when she has the recipes up. Doug never ceases to amaze me- how did he do those leafs! And babylegs- way to go- they are so for GIRLS so I'm glad you got them and not put your poor baby boy through that misery- ha ha, sorry Liza!