Sunday, May 15, 2011

Last Day of School fun!

Sophia had her last day of Kindergarten this week and we had some fun celebrating! Before the last day of school we painted her nails with this cool crackle nail polish. Have you seen this stuff? It was pretty fun to use. I painted it on and she said, "Have I ever had black on my fingers?" Once it started to crackle she said "Oh my gosh! This is so cool! You are like the coolest mom ever!". Yeah. I know. Anything to help you look more like a goth. JK. It really did look cool though. These pictures definitely did not do it justice.On her actual last day I got to go help with one of the centers for their party. We frosted and decorated little graduate cutouts. The kids thought they were pretty tasty!




Her teacher had a little "ceremony" where she called up each kid and had them say what their favorite thing about Kindergarten was. Then she gave them little caps they had made. Sophia's favorite part of Kindergarten was when the leprechaun came to her classroom.


Here she is with Mrs. Fehlberg.


Here's the top of her hat. Her teacher did a good job with these. I thought they turned out really cute.


Later that afternoon we went to gymnastics. Here they are in their little uniforms getting ready to practice for their performance.


The next day Doug had the day off of work and so we decided to go to the zoo. It was way crowded but still pretty fun. Apparently it was the first day of their "Zoorasic Park" and so everyone had come to see these animatronic dinosaurs. Thank goodness we were there for that day! We did get a quick ride on the carousel when we were there. I even got to ride and chose to ride the Okapi. Little did I know it was the only stationary animal on the whole thing! Of course it would be my luck to pick the one stationary animal. Oh well.


Mabel decided to hang out in the car seat while we rode (Doug was with her. Don't worry). Here's the T-Rex! I swear Sophia was in this picture. Oh well. They even had dinosaurs in the water! It was pretty fun actually.

1 comment:

ottspot said...

You have solved a mystery for me - I've seen 2 people wearing strange black streaky-looking (from the distance I was at) nail polish in the past week and could not figure out what the heck it was! And I couldn't get a closer look, but these were people that obviously had manicured nails...not just chipping off old paint or something! We planned to go to the zoo on Saturday, but by the time Bryce got out of school and Will had his tee ball game the weather had turned questionable.