Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers, Flowers and Pianos

We had a great Mother's Day and had a fun time celebrating our wonderful Mothers!

My kids surprised me with breakfast in bed (Doug even had meetings at 7 so he got up extra early - I love him!) and gave me Toy Story 3 and this cute Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed game.

I also really wanted to get a picture of my girls before church (Mabel was sleeping). I think they turned out pretty good.Maybe next time I'll try one where they're not facing the sun. Lilly's hair was so cute and curly but unfortunately she was not cooperating.


Here's a sweet picture she made me in preschool. I actually hae Liza (her other mother) to thank for teaching her how to clean doorknobs. She did it for one of her Saturday morning jobs when we were visiting my sister and now insists on cleaning them in our house every Saturday. Thanks sister! My favorite part of this picture is the giant "i" above the heart. It might look like an exclamation point but if you look closely you can see the dot above the "i".

Last week we took advantage of the beautiful weather and flowers and met some friends for a picnic at the Noni Gardens. It was so beautiful!

3 little buddies.

Here's Lilly showing me her bench she found. I seriously wonder if I will ever get a cute picture of Lilly.



Also last week Sophia had another piano recital. It went much better than the last one. The only issue was that right when she got up in front of everyone she immediately pulled up the top layer of her dress and ruffled it in her hands while she introduced herself before playing. I was so sad I didn't get it on video. It was hillarious. She's great. I really am proud of her. She's come a long way in 6 months! Here she is playing "Gliding" and "Samba".



2 comments:

The Favorite said...

I love the outfits and I really love to clean doorknobs..

stu said...

Great pics. Fortunately I know Lilly is much cuter in real life. I take my hat off to Doug for his creativity in gifts. Awesome.