Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pre-Mother's Day

Last weekend I was at our Stake Women's Conference and I came home to this sweet suprise. Doug helped the girls make me these beautiful roses. Inside they wrote something they were grateful for that I do for them.
Mabel - "Milkies"
Lilly - A picture (scribbles) of me getting her a treat.
Sophia - "Thank you for taking me to Jumping Jacks"
Doug - "joy, treats, happiness, etc."
Later that afternoon the girls set up a "library" in the living room and had Doug read to them. Mabel is by the book selection.

Here's a random of this cutie enjoying her strawberry shortcake the other night! It also made for a great hair conditioner.

This week is teacher appreciation week at Sophia's school. I got to help her class decorate the door. I had each of the kids write what they like about their teacher. Then I attached mini Snickers bars (a favorite of her teachers) to the bottom of the ribbon bookmark. She really has a great teacher and has loved Kindergarten. I can't believe it's almost over! Her last day is next Thursday! Crazy!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That is so sweet. What nice things for why should be a nice weekend. I was just thinking that your pics of sophias school play reminded me of when we did our school plays. I remember doing the goldilocks and the 3 bears. I think the other was the little red hen. I'm glad to see schools are still about the same now.

The Favorite said...

Love the books and I really LOVE the pre-Mother's Day!