Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Latest Creations

Here's a few of our latest and greatest adventures. On Sunday Doug and Sophia (mainly Doug) made this awesome dipped candle. They used regular craft wax and melted one red crayon in it. I thought it turned out pretty cool. Doug bought me the wax a long time ago so that I could make these. I'd seen something similar to them at the Parade of Homes awhile ago and wanted to replicate it. I kind of forgot that he had bought this and so we decided to make them since he was melting wax anyway. I thought they turned out ok. It's hard to see in the picture but these are actually those shadow box frame shelf things that are actually about 4 inches thick. I think it'd be cool to hang them somewhere and put something on them. We'll see. I forgot to post this awhile ago but my awesome friend Jen made me the cutest spring subway art! I totally love it! I love that she included taxes (her husband is a tax accountant as well) and Lilies. Perfect for our family! She also made me a really cute one for summer. I'll be sure to post it when it actually warms up around here and I can put it on display!




Yesterday the girls were out playing in the yard. They had blankets and stuffed animals all spread out for a tea party. It was really cute so I went to get my camera to take a picture.
When I came back it looked like this. Sophia said they were pretending there was a flood so everyone was getting into the arc to stay dry.
Finally, I found these shots on my camera as well. Apparently someone grabbed the camera when I wasn't looking!
Oh how I love my girls!

No comments: