Saturday, September 24, 2011

Angry Birds and Such

The other day I ran with a friend around Spring Lake. I had no idea this lake was so close and that I've never taken my kids there! Doug was gone this morning on a camp out so we decided to go there this morning to feed the ducks. The minute we got there all these geese and ducks started pouring out of the water and coming straight for us! The girls freaked out and ran back to the car. I hurried and threw all the bread out that I had and hurried into the car too. It was so funny. I hurried and snapped a picture to remember the funny memory.After that we decided to head to Salem Pond where we could play and not be attacked by aggressive birds.

Mabel had a fun time trying to figure out the slide.She finally made it up with the help of the stairs.

After we played a little we decided to walk around the pond. The girls had a fun time helping Mabel walk.

Here's a picture of Sophia on the bridge. She's a tiny little thing you can see in the second full square from the right.Lilly was so terrified to go on this bridge. I love how she looks like she's going to fall through at any time.
Here's a few fun things we did this week. I made this fun Halloween banner. I've resisted putting out all the other Halloween decor so far but I couldn't wait on this one.
I love my children but get a little tired of the "I don't know what to do..." that I hear constantly. I finally came up with this and hung it on the fridge. Now when they ask "what can I do?" I refer them to the fridge. So far it's gone ok and I'm hoping that the novelty doesn't wear off!
Sophia has been really into jump roping at school. Her teacher teaches a jump rope class (that happens to be during gymnastics and she's way bummed about it!) and so the kids are all way into it. She gets to bring one to use at recess and she loves it. Here's my messy baby giving it a try.
Random shot of a freshly bathed babe who wanted her picture taken.

Sophia came home from school one day and told us about a dad who came to her class who's in the military. She said that he could do push ups with his son on his back. Of course we had to give it a try. Go Doug! I told her teacher about this and she said she felt bad for all the dads in the class because they would all be doing the same thing that night.
Lilly was looking through the friend the other day and found these funny apple smiles to make.

We made them for a treat on Sunday and I think they turned out pretty good. They were actually pretty tasty too!
Finally, last week we went to a dinner honoring all those who passed the CPA exam this year. It was a fun night and a nice break from the kids. Unfortunately this was the best picture I got! Oh well. Still proud of my husband though. Way to go Doug!

3 comments:

tcbcw said...

I love the Angry Birds story. I also love Doug's head while doing the push-ups. Look how red it is. I used to be able to do push-ups with the kids in tow, but it would take some work now.

selway2005 said...

Congrats Doug on the CPA! I love to see how the kids are growing and I'm amazed at how you manage to write about all of the things you do...you're wonderwoman!

The Favorite said...

Love those baby overalls.
Love the apple mouths
Love the bath babe.
Love you all!