Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cousin Getaway!

So for some reason while all our family was here we decided it would be a great idea to take them all to Capitol Reef and Goblin Valley!  We had one of my brothers 4 kids, my sister-in-law and her 3 kids, my sister and her 4 kids, my other sister and her 4 kids, me and my 4 kids and my parents.  That made for a total of 19 kids and 6 adults!  I'm pretty sure that people thought we were polygamists because none of us (except for my mom) had our spouses there!  Here we are on the way down.  I had the girl car (woot woot!) with Sophia, Jane, Lilly, Emily and Kate!  My sister was nice enough to ride with Lewis and take care of him!
 Phew!  We finally made it to Capitol Reef.
 We took the kids on a short little hike (some of us went longer) but it was too hot for this guy!
 Love these cousins!
 Mabel, Lewis, Grandma and I decided to wait back at the nice covered pavilion for all the hikers.
I absolutely love Capitol Reef.  It's one of my favorite places in the whole world.  It's so gorgeous there!
 Trying to keep this little man cool.
 Look at that face!  It was seriously hot!  We took the long 600 ft hike to see the goosenecks. 
 It was pretty cool!
Cute Grandpa with Jake and Lucas.
 After a hot day in Capitol Reef we checked in at the hotel for some much needed swimming!
 Can you spot baby Lewis? 
 There he is!
After a fun dinner at Slackers in Torrey and more swimming in the morning we headed to Goblin Valley.
 Once again it was so hot!
 The kids had a blast playing though.
This is my sweetest niece Emily with Mabel.  She kept calling her "Baby Mabel".  Lewis was "the other baby" and Lilly was "my other friend".  I just love her!
Love my sisters!  After a hot day in Goblin Valley a few people stayed behind to hike some more but the rest of us decided it was time to get the littles home.
Here's a cute bonus shot of Lucas and Mabel.  We were lucky enough to have him sleep at our house one night.  These 2 followed each other around everywhere.  It was so cute!  She kept saying "this is my yittle cousin Ewis".  He'd then say "I'm not Lewis!  I'm called you-cus!)

No comments: