Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lewis' blessing!

On Sunday we blessed our sweet Lewis.  We decided to do it while I had so much family in town.  The funny thing was though that my 3 brothers that actually lived in Utah just so happened to all be out of town that day.  Oh well.  At least their families, my sisters and another brother (and Doug's 2 brothers) were there!  

Sophia made this little sign and took this picture in the morning. I didn't even know she'd done it until I uploaded these pictures!
Photo shoot time!  At first he was a little sad to have his picture taken.
Eventually he warmed up to the idea.  The outfit he's wearing is Doug's blessing outfit from 32 years ago!  I'm grateful that his mom saved it and that it fit!  I loved it.
Hoorya for smiles!
For some reason we didn't get a picture of all of us together but I did get one of Lewis and I,
the girls and Lewis,  
Doug and Lewis (I love how they have the same expression on their faces)
and finally Doug and I with the man of the hour.
Some of our guests.  I love this picture because I caught a cute embrace between my niece and nephew.  They're only a few months apart and have been the best of friends since they were babies.  Andy leaves on his mission in less than a month (crazy!) and it's apparent that they're going to miss each other!  We were also lucky enough to have Andy in the circle with us which was pretty cool.
 Lewis with uncle Derik (so glad one of my brothers was there!)
 More guests
I'm so mad that these pictures are sideways because they're my favorite!  You can kind of see Lewis' dimple in the first one.  The picture next to him is of Doug on his blessing day in the same outfit!


No comments: