Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fun Times With the Girls!

We had a fun weekend with our silly girls. Lilly was in the giggliest mood yesterday. He and Sophia were jumping on the bed and she thought it was absolutely the funniest thing ever. She sure loves her sister!

We also had fun today because it was time for...matchers! I dressed the girls in these outfits before Easter but never snapped a picture so I figured I'd dress them in these again so that we could do a little photo shoot. The funny thing about these outfits is that they were hand me downs from two different people. They're even different brands! I couldn't believe how well they went together though. The craziness! Sophia also got a hair cut yesterday (although you really can't tell too well in these pictures).


Lilly had an especially good time playing with this basket today. She kept sucking on the very edge of it and it seriously kept her entertained for about 15 minutes! We love it when our babies start playing with toys!

This evening we went on a nice walk around the block. When we got home we had a fun time exploring the flowers! Whenever Sophia sees them she says, "Look our flowers! They're growin' up!". I'm just pleased that I was successful at planting bulbs (even though only about half of them came up). The picture I have at the top of our blog is of these flowers that grew randomly in our front yard. I thought they were pretty pretty (hee hee). I must give major props to our camera though because each of those flowers is about the size of a dime. You can see in the picture below how they compare to the leaves and woodchips. Can you believe those two pictures are of the same flowers?
Here's one more video to suit all your fancies. I was sitting next to Sophia today and overheard her naming the first presidency. I didn't realize she really knew these men so well. She never ceases to amaze me!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow what a fun time. I love Lilly's giggle- it is so so so cute! I love when siblings play nice and entertain each other too. Love the matching dresses- how cute! And the flowers. Mine are all dying that I planted- I think I planted them too early. And I wish I had a nice camera like that!! Awesome! And what a smart girl!! Josh always forgets who the counselors are and swears that one of them is Abraham Lincoln- we don't know where that came from.

Lauren said...

Jo your blog looks beautiful. The flowers are so pretty! They look like hyacinths but I can't tell for sure... and I forgot to answer your email about your yard! I'll do that today, sorry!

Your girls are cute as ever. Are Lilly's eyes looking BLUE??? She is growing up so fast.

ottspot said...

The front of our house is in the shade and the ground in our planter boxes is still totally frozen! I just barely saw my first daffodil shoots poking through the ground yesterday...will spring ever really get here?! I'm tired of snow! That is a pretty impressive pic of those little flowers.

The Favorite said...

WOW - SHE IS BRILLIANT!! Maybe you should have her tested. Those dresses are so super cute. I especially love the one of them in the chair and Lilly is smiling (at least it looks like she is.) She has a way cute giggle too. Hooray for toys and big sisters!

Sarah said...

I love when weekends turnout to be so fun and relaxing. Your girls are so darling. I remember when D.J. and Luke where little and D.J. would make Luke laugh. Nothing sweeter. As I watched the video of Sophie naming the first presidency, the first thing I thought was that is a testiment of what great parents you and Doug are. Your family is so cute!

Sarah said...

Sorry, I spelled Sophia's name wrong! I need to slow down. :)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Is it ever boring down in Payson? You guys always seem to be doing something fun. I think that just shows how good of a mom you are. Your kids super cute in their dresses too!

Emily said...

Good job on your flowers! They look great. My mom used to dress me and my little sister in matching outfits too. It was fun and even more fun to look at the pictures now. Such a good little mommy!