Friday, April 18, 2008

We're gittin' 'er done

Today we went to the Museum of Peoples and Cultures at BYU with cousins! It was so fun! We did a digging tour and got to do some digging ourselves. All the kids dug for arrowheads and then got to make a necklace. It was fun and all the kids had a great time digging! We greatly missed Kimber and her crew. It was crazy to see so many of the grandkids in one place at one time! Doug's sister pointed out that there are 15 grandkids and 14 of them are 5 and under! His parents also have not seen/met 6 of them! Wowsa! Their necklaces turned out great too! Here's Sophia showing you how hers turned out. After that we went to the park to feed the ducks and eat lunch. Sophia had such a great time feeding the ducks. She's usually afraid of them but this time she couldn't get enough. There were many moments when we thought she was going to jump right in and join them!

Here's a few other random pics of what the girls have been up to lately. The other night while I was at spinning class I came home to this adorable scene on the couch. My favorite part of the picture is the cheesy pasta remains on Sophia's face.Here's one of Lilly with LOM (Little Orange Monster). My brother Stuart gave this to me a few years ago. He got it from one of his students when he was teaching English in Japan. One of his students gave it to him on the last day of class. Isn't this something all of us gave our teachers? Anyway, we have a picture of Sophia with LOM as a baby so we felt like it was Lilly's turn.
Now to what we're really gettin' done. We spent the afternoon digging up our yard to prepare for laying sod next week! It didn't take as long as I thought it would but it was still a project. Lilly was a big helper. I also included one of Dougie the Tillman hard at work.
Here's what the yard looked like half-way through the tilling process. I totally forgot to take a before picture so this will have to suffice. We're getting 11 yards of top soil tomorrow and will spend the day spreading it and leveling it out. It's so fun to be so close to having a real yard! It's definitely a lot of work but definitely worth it!
Here's some bonus pics for my sister Liza. Here's what the mini Janes were dressed in last Sunday. Thanks again for all the clothes! I think my kids would go naked without them! Yikes! Everyone is always asking me where I shop for my girls and where I get their cute clothes. It's so fun to tell them they're all hand me downs! Thanks again sista!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Your girls are so so so cute! And you guys are always doing fun things. Good luck with your yard. I am so jealous. :)

The Favorite said...

That is some nice yard work. Jo- you're not supposed to shovel with clogs on.
"Here the Sophs, have a trophy." Those dresses look super cute on your girls!

Russ and Nat said...

Ok, so your friend Kerstin is really good friends with Russ's brother Mark.....small world. She was my scube instructor!

Melissa said...

That is a great post! I loved all the pictures of the cute girls and all your hard work. The yard really does look great and I know that it will be fabulous when you are done.