Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What's in a name?

My sista Lissa tagged me to do a post about how we came up with the names for our kiddos.


We got the name for this sleeping beauty by looking at a ward list from Doug's mission. Since we didn't know what we were having we were having a hard time deciding about names. Sophia (or Sofia in Swedish) was the only girl name we could agree on. We could not agree on a boy name so thank goodness she wasn't a boy! We were going to do the name Mason regardless of whether it was a boy or girl but I guess Sophia won out.

We named this bundle of joy Lilly after my grandma Lilly Nicholl. Again we didn't know what we were having so it was hard to decide. When I was a few weeks away from delivering we decided we needed to get serious about choosing names and Doug said, "how about Lilly". I totally felt her kick right after he said that (I know it's sounds cheesy but I'm serious - she was sealing the deal). If she had been a boy we would have name her Lewis after Doug's grandpa. Before she was born we were going through a list of names we had written when I was pregnant with Sophia and Lewis and Lilly were written on the back of the page right next to each other - spooky.

I tag Kimber, Sarah, and anyone else who thinks this post might be fun. I know some of you may be concerned about putting your kids names on your blogs so feel free to avoid this tag!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Those are cute stories. I had no idea!

Melissa said...

I love it- thanks for doing the tag! And that is pretty creepy about the names. At least your boy name is set right? I'm still mad that you took Lilly- just kidding, it is perfect for her.