Friday, September 5, 2008

Quick note about things I love!

I've found my new best friend. Let me introduce you... I was telling a lady I visit teach about the issues we've been having with our dishwasher. We've only had it for a year and it was brand new when we moved in but it has not been cleaning well lately. I thought it was because I was using the Electrasol tabs instead of the Cascade ones (that I love). We took our dishwasher totally apart and couldn't believe how much nasty hard water build up we had. It was incredible. I've tried cleaning it with vinegar, lemon juice, and even Tang but nothing worked. She recommended this stuff and it seriously works wonders. You know those commercials where it has the two glasses side by side and ones all nasty and filmy and the other one is crystal clear. That's is totally how it is in this case. No exaggeration. For the first few times I put it in my main detergent holder and the regular stuff in the prerinse like it says to but it's in a small container and it's kind of pricy so I didn't want to use it up so quickly. Now I just put it in the prerinse side with the regular stuff in the main part and it seriously is amazing how well it works! Anyway, their website is www.lemishine.com. I've seen it at Walmart and Target but I haven't looked anywhere else. I love that you can use it for other household things. We have serious hard water issues in our house and I can't wait to try in out on our toilet and shower heads - I live such an exciting life huh?

In other news, here's a few more things I love. I cut this little cutie's hair the other day for preschool. It's a little shorter than I had planned but I think it's still cute! Speaking of preschool, we went to the orientation yesterday and she kept asking me when I was going to leave. She kept saying things like, "mom, when are you going?", "mom are you going to go yet?", and finally, "mom, you need to leave now." It was so funny. I think she's just a little bit excited for preschool!Here's my other cutie looking so cute today! I love that it's getting colder outside and that sweater season is almost here!
P.S. I'm almost embarrassed to post anything anymore after seeing this hilarious site www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com. (in case you're a little blond like me, it's totally fiction which makes it even more hilarious. It seriously caused me to take a step back and examine myself to see if I come across that way. Too funny)

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Sophie's hair is SOOOOOOOO cute! I should be brave and try to cut Maddie's hair, but I'm loving the crazy curls right now.

I am so glad you posted about your dishwasher!!! We have the same problems! I have to wash my glasses in vinegar every couple weeks to even be able to see through them. I always just hope the hot water is disinfecting, even though they don't look clean at all! I will have to try that stuff.

You DON'T sound like TAMN one bit Jo! Don't worry...

Lauren said...

P.S. Is it Lemi shine? I think you wrote fresh...

Emily said...

Cute hair and cute kids!

ottspot said...

Jo you are seriously so blessed! Just kidding...I can only read that site in small doses because I find myself being like "oh brother!!" and then have to remind myself that it is fake. If you were like TAMN we wouldn't be friends so I can confidently say that you don't come across like that!

Mylissa 2 said...

Do you VT Kristi because she told me about that stuff and now we can't live without it. I didn't know you could use it other places, I'll have to give it a try. Your girls our so cute! And don't worry about the crazy ladies blog and be yourself, that's the whole point of this blogging thing anyway!

Alice-Anne said...

it's fun to find great products! Thanks for sharing And your girls are ADORABLE!! We miss you guys!

CooleyConnection said...

Thanks for the lemishine tip - we bought some today and I can't wait to see if it does what it says.

Nancy said...

Love the lemi-shine. Tried it and it works wonders with out dishes!!! Thanks for the suggestion. Where in Alpine do you get your fruit?