Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy First Day of Fall

The first signs of fall actually showed up at our house a few weeks ago. Acorns anyone?
I don't know if you remember this from last year but I will definitely be making another one of this wreaths and will be taking orders (or you can come get your own acorns and make your own creation. Anyway, we raked piles and piles of acorns on two different days last week and our garbage can is filled to the brim with them (we can barely roll it down the sidewalk).
After all of that our yard once again looks like this. Will it ever stop raining acorns!?
Here's one of my sweet Lilly Bean. Thanks for the cute poncho Cakes! We hope you love your squeaky shoes!
Here's what Sophia did while we raked. She's got to practice up for her driver's test. Think she'll pass? Finally, thank you again to my fabulous sis. You are too kind and the flowers are too lovely. I can't believe how big their blooming. They remind me of you - just bursting with joy and happiness! Thanks again.

3 comments:

ottspot said...

Jo, I want to take some acorns off your hands...or maybe a lot of them off your hands! Save me a bucketful if you have a surplus! Thanks!

Melissa said...

Oh fun acorns again! I just got out our wreath and had to glue in a few strays. I raked our backyard this weekend too to clean up the acorns, then I woke up this morning and it was like I never even raked!! Dang! I do hope they stop some time, but then the leaves will fall. Your acorns are way cuter than mine, our backyard ones are green and "hairy" they are weird looking. Cute poncho and why didn't I get flowers?!?!

The Favorite said...

I can't believe that- silly acorns. Baby Willy is not looking like a baby that much anymore. She has teeth! I'm glad the flowers are so beautiful- just like you!