Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tag, $15 and Halloween Treats!

Okay Tiff... Here's my response to your tag.
Here's my kitchen sink...
the fridge...here's my bathroom...

here's my self portrait (my friend Sarah from High School painted this from a photo of me. She's amazing)...favorite room (my room 'cause it's where I get sleep! I also love the chaise long my mom's friend recently donated to us (it's in the back left corner). It's so comfy and I would sleep in it every night if I could)...here's my closet...shoes ($0.25 at Target. Can't beat that!)...my messy kids (I included the picture of Lilly because you can see her goofy smile. She has her two bottom teeth and one of her top side teeth. She's currently working on getting the other side one and both of her top middle teeth right now. The poor girl is dying!)...Laundry room. It's pretty boring and full of Doug's ironing that I need to get done! It's only been sitting on the ironing board for 2 weeks now...

Dream vacation...
I tag any of my sista's or cuz's who thinks this looks like fun.

Here's proof that I am still continuing with my thrifty ways. A friend in our ward was getting rid of this and I snagged it for $15! Mattress and all. I thought it was quite the deal. It's one of those converter ones too and I totally love it! Lilly loves having the room to stretch too!

Here's some bonus Halloween fun things. We made these paper cats from this Halloween activity book I got a Seagull Book. Let me know if you want the instructions. They were fun to make.

And here's a Halloween bonus treat recipe. These are seriously the best pumpkin cookies I've ever tasted. They're really light, moist, flaky (I think it's the shortening) and sooooo yummy! IT uses a whole big can of pumpkin so it makes about 1 million cookies. Feel free to half the recipe. I did and still got about 4 dozen out of it!Yummiest Pumpkin Cookies Ever!
1 can (29 oz.) pumpkin
2 1/4 c. shortening
3 c. sugar

Mix together and add:
3 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla

Mix together and add:
6 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 Tbsp. baking powder
3 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together and add:
1 bag milk chocolate chips

Drop by spoonfuls onto cookies sheets. Bake at 350F for 12 minutes or until fingertip doesn't indent.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun post and fun tag! I don't know if I dare take pictures of those rooms, serious organization needed before I post anything. Cute pics of the girls- I love Sophies painting one. And yummers cookies! I have a good recipe, but I'll have to try that one. And 15 bucks!?!? What the!?!? SO jealous! That is awesome. Oh and cool chaise.

ottspot said...

I think we have the same crib. And I need to try the cookies...I tried to make pumpkin cookies last fall and they weren't even worth eating. Bad part is I don't remember what recipe I used so as to avoid it in the future! So now I will just use yours.

ZAC said...

LOVE THE TAG!
The self-portrait=impressive.
A chaise=I totally want one
The crib=I wish I could have found a deal like that! I'm tired of making furniture!

The Favorite said...

Yum cookies!!
Sophs has paint in her hair, Lily has lots of teeth still to grow, and I LOVE the cats and want the instructions. We'll keep you posted on the tag.

Emily said...

Sweet! I have been looking for a pumpkin cookie recipe! Can I use oil or butter instead of the shortening? I don't have any.

Ricki said...

Thanks for the recipe. Those are Jeremy's favorite cookies, so I'm going to try them! Love the pictures, especially Lily's messy face.