Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Bean!

We had such a fun time celebrating Lilly's birthday today! We woke up and cleaned the house and then took Sophia to preschool and then took Lilly Kandid Kandids for the yearly free 8 x 10. We got a copy of the first picture and I thought the other ones turned out cute as well.



Tonight we had some family and friends over (thanks again everyone for making the trek down!!!!) for cake and ice cream. We had a great time! Unfortunately all the pictures we took turned our blurry (our LCD screen broke so we can't see the pictures we take - hint, hint, Santa, mommy would like new camera for Christmas) and so we can't see the shots we took. Apparently if you leave the camera on the counter while you cook dinner and it's within range of the cooking spray and the lens gets covered in the stuff, your pictures will turn out blurry. Luckily I got this shot of the cake before the cooking spray incident. My amazing friend Nancy is amazing with caker decorating and so I asked her to make a cake for Lilly. I was sooooooo happy with how it turned out. You're amazing Nancy! After I saw the cake she made for another friend I was pretty much convinced that she needed to make one for Lilly. Thanks again Nance! (I can't saw it enough). Anyway, I did get some pics of the loot but since they turned out blurry they're not here. I think I may take more pictures of her by balloons and wrapping paper tomorrow and just pretend like they were from today. Anyway, she got some books, warm jammies, a cool igloo tent from IKEA, a cute shirt that says, "Smile if you think I'm cute" (I think we'll be getting plenty of smiles) and some wooden blocks. Thanks again everyone for helping to make it a fabulous day!
P.S. Here's video of the birthday song. It's a little blurry as well but you can get the jist.
s

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad you guys had fun. Im glad you liked the cake. Sorry your camera didnt work correctly! I hate that. My dad shot pics for his friends wedding awhile ago and forgot his camera was on manual focus, so they all turned out blurry and he was the only photographer. I hate it when that happens!!! If you want any more cake pics, I snapped a few before you picked up the cake. Just let me know.

Jennifer Lyn said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe she is one already. Sorry we couldn't make it down...we really wanted to.

Melissa said...

OH WOW! Nancy is AMAZING!! I love the powdered sugar snow too. So cute. I'm glad you had a lot of friends come- thanks for the invite too. Cutest pictures of Lillers too- she looks adorable. I want a smile if you think I'm cute shirt too!

ottspot said...

I can't believe how smiley she is in those pictures. My kids DO NOT smile for pictures. And Will screamed the entire way home and the next 20 minutes after we got home trying to convince us to "go back and get that cuppy" because it is his "most favorite cuppy in the whole world." However, he seems to have forgotten about it overnight. Bryce is afraid of having a girl someday because she would be "dramatic"...like there is no drama in this house currently.

The Favorite said...

So Fun!!
Sorry we couldn't be there. Love the pictures and the cake- wow Nancy!!

The Ullery Family said...

Could Lilly be any cuter than in that video? I love her so much. Man she is growing up way to fast.

Emily said...

Has it really already been a year! Wow! Cute snowman cake! That's a good idea, just circle pans and some decorating. Not that mine would turn out that cute.

Kerstin and Scott said...

I love the cake! Isn't Nancy amazing?