Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It wasn't very funny

This morning I was outside working on a stupid sprinkler pipe that has been leaking pretty much since we moved in. I thought I has already fixed it once and then we noticed it was still leaking the other day. I'd been out there for about an hour and was still getting nowhere with the pipe (I made the last cut about 1/4" too short and so I have to wait till Doug gets home (I already walked the girls to the hardware store once) to get more couples and pipe). Anyway, after that failed attempt I came in to check on the girls. Sophia had piles and piles of wipes soaked in red stuff and was madly trying to clean up piles of red stuff I looked around a little more and found little ketchup dollups all over my counters, floor, table, couches and pillows. I pretty much freaked out. I looked around even more and found she had put a nice little dollup in every serving bowl that I have on shelves in my living room. I also noticed there was a nice big dollop on the table runner my mother-in-law gave me from Brazil. At that point I pretty much lost it. I know that it was something I should have just laughed at but it was just not one of those moments for me. I told her to stay in her room for the rest of the day and that I was going to throw away all the ketchup in the house (or at least take away her ketchup priviledges for awhile).

While I was cleaning it up it got all over the carpet and everything. I was so frustrated. I asked her why one earth she would have ever thought that was a good idea. Her response: "I thought it was funny". My response to her response: "It wasn't"

7 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Joanna...I am so sorry. Just think...someday she'll have a child just like her!

Stacy Risenmay said...

Oh no! I am the same way. I can't look at something like that and laugh. I don't think it would be good for your kids if you laughed though... I hope it came out of your runner.

James and Tiff said...

Can I come and help you clean it up? It would only take me 45 minutes to get down there and I can help you scrub... and I can take you to the store for more pipe- let me know!!!

One Fish said...

I wouldn't be able to laugh either. I'll keep my fingers crossed for better mommy days ahead.

ottspot said...

Ohhhhhhhh....maybe Will was inspired...he woke up telling me to call Sophs mom and ask her to drive her to our house. He would NOT give it up. Sorry...clearly I should have listened and saved you from the ketchup nightmare!

stu said...

Yikes. I guess this won't be on your list of "Best Days Ever". Might be worth a trip to Home Depot to rent a carpet cleaner if nothing else works. Hope Sophs learns a good lesson. Hang in there! :)

tcbcw said...

And I thought it was bad when Abby went around every room in the house holding a pencil to the wall so she could see where she had been. You win. We're praying for you.