Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Word to the wise

These things are amazing.


Adjustable pipe fittings (although I couldn't find a picture of them) are pretty incredible too. When you've fixed the same stinking leaking sprinkler pipe three times using a hack saw and couplers that don't slide very well, the aforementioned items I discovered at Sprinkler World definitely come in handy. I got the job done in about 1 minute. My hands still ended up covered in blue PVC cement but at least it's fixed (I hope) and our lawn will be dead no more. I ask Doug why we hadn't discovered these things sooner and he responded "because it builds character". I'm considering starting my own sprinkler pipe fixing consulting business. Let me know if anyone's interested.

3 comments:

Stacy Risenmay said...

We have those and they are amazing. We don't even have sprinklers...

ottspot said...

Oh...I'm pretty sure Bryce has those from when he installed our sprinkler system...with parts from sprinkler world! Sorry I didn't think of seeing if you needed any parts/tools when I was reading your earlier posts!

The Favorite said...

Do it!
Great work- you've got character!