Monday, July 27, 2009

The Latest of Times

Apparently it's been a little while since I've cleared the pictures off my camera. Here's our awesome friends the Belnap's who stayed with us a few weeks ago. We wish they would have stayed longer! Sophia and Emma had a blast together.

This past weekend we went to Wales for Pioneer Day so that we could go to the Fairview parade. It was awesome as usual. We went to the fish hatchery in Fountain Green after the parade. The kids had a total blast! I wish I would have brought my camera. We will definitely visit there pretty much every trip we take to Wales from now on. Let us know when you want to go and we'll stop by the fish hatchery! Here's all the cousins who came swinging on the porch swing.
Grandma Wilkins with the girls.Here's Doug at the parade with the girls just waiting for the candy!
A few weekends ago we went to American Fork's Steel Days Celebration. It was so awesome! We went to the picnic in the park and the kids had a blast. There were all sorts of carnival games for them to play and little rides to ride. Here they are on the train with Drezden.
Lilly even got her face painted.
These next two pictures are a little random. Our stake is doing a humanitarian project right now where they've asked every sister in the stake for make a quilt for the hospital, Papillon House, or humanitarian aid. They patterened the idea after Brigham Young unfurling the yellow banner on Ensign Peak and so they're calling the project "Unfurl the Banner". They want the quilts to be completed in time for the general Relief Society broadcast in Sept so they can display them all. It's a pretty cool idea. Anyway, here's my contribution. It's a crib size quilt so don't be too impressed. My mom sewed the main 4 blocks because they made me want to pull my hair out so she really deserves all the credit.
This quilt is the one I did in a quilt class that I've been taking with my mom since January. The quilt is called "All Roads Lead to Home" and it's the one I gave to Doug's parents for their homecoming. I finally finished binging it (not my favorite part of quilting) today and so it's ready to officially be handed over to them. I had fun with this class and thought the final product turned out okay. My mom got us all signed up for the next class. It's called "Flowers from my Garden" and looks adorable. I can't wait!

3 comments:

ottspot said...

ooo I want to enlarge your picture of the quilt you made for doug's parents...i can't quite see all the detail but it looks beautiful!

stu said...

Sounds like a successful Pioneer day. Fish hatchery sounds awesome! Just don't fall in and turn into fish food. Great looking quilts. Give yourself a pat on the back.

The Favorite said...

Good lookin' quilts. I love seeing Grandma Wilkins back at the Wales house. We want to go there with you soon :)