Monday, September 28, 2009

Fun Weekend

Saturday we went to my parents to help with the pressing of the apples. My parents have quite a few apple trees and a few years ago my brilliant dad purchased an apple press so that we could have fresh juice every year. This is a fast growing tradition in my family and definitely one I look forward to this year! We were so excited the Minnesota now turned Utah Millers were able to join us! They were very hard workers and we all had a great time!


Andy spent about 3 hours on the grinder. He was amazing!
Maddy did a good job cranking the press. That was no easy job.
Ben took charge of washing the apples and did a great job as well.
Here's Maddy with the final product. We ended up with about 13 gallons and barely made a dent in the crop. I'm looking forward to more weekends of apple pressing!
These two cuties helped by getting in the way and being cute.
Later we headed up to Salt Lake to see these guys play.
These cuties came with us. We had a great time. It was such a fun show (minus the fact that after they sang the first song they had to quickly get off the stage because of some glitch). Luckily they came back on! During the "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier" song they blasted confetti out to the audience. It was pretty cool. A Dustland Fairytale is by far my favorite song by them.
I also greatly enjoyed the General Relief Society meeting! Fun to hear about the new changes with the Relief Society Meetings. I think I enjoyed Sis. Thompson's talk the most. I love her positive attitude and I'll be sure to "mind the gap" from now on.

4 comments:

stu said...

Sweet! Save us some apple juice. See you next week!

Melissa said...

Wow- apples!! I saw Andy comment on Facebook over and over about all the apples- crazy he was doing that for so long! I agree with Stu- save some!

Melissa said...

Oh yeah- and I forgot to echo Liza's comment about what sinner you are- ha ha, hope you liked the killers and glad you got to see the broadcast after all.

The Favorite said...

Awesome apples- makes us so sad to miss it this year. We did decide that one year we need to come home in the fall just to make apple juice. Thanks for the pics.