Thursday, September 3, 2009

What the girls are up to

We were lucky enough to have these awesome friends grace us with their presence this week while Kevin came down to take the CPA exam (Doug is sending his application off tomorrow by the way - it's only been a year since he graduated but who's counting! (there were a number of factors involced as well)). Anyway, the girls were having a fun time out coloring on the sidewalk and playing in the sand. I went out there later and found this. I love seeing Sophia's writings.

Her latest thing is to figure out how this name is spelled. I think she's getting closer. If only there weren't so many L's in it. She also started dance again this week. She has to take from a different person this year because of a preschool conflict (that no longer exists - long story). Her best little friend Rachel is in the same class and she's thrilled. Her dance is also at the same place she has preschool so she just stays an extra hour on Mondays. I think it will work out great!
This picture is from her first day of dance last year. Look how much she's grown!
She's also doing soccer this year and I get to be her coach. They've had a few games and it's been such a blast! It cracks me up how quickly the kids all bunch up and trip over each other. There is seriously about 1 of them on the ground at all times because of how much they trip and fall over. It cracks me up!
Here's a random of my cute girls (sorry it's a little fuzzy). They love to wear these hats and chase each other around. Thanks again Erin!
Last but not least, we decided it was time to put a little bit of this up around our house. This is absolutely my favorite time of year! I would totally be content with fall year round. I did refrain from any Halloween decorations. We'll wait a few more weeks (or days maybe) for that.








1 comment:

stu said...

Cute pics! And great spelling, Sophie. I also love fall. Although in Florida there isn't much changing of colors to speak of. Everything's still green. The temp just drops a bit and we get more storms.