Monday, July 5, 2010

Balloons and Bonus

Thought I'd do one more post quick while I still have some energy and before my life is turned upside down tomorrow (I just talked to the hospital and I have to be there at 5:15 am!). Since it was my last day to sleep in and since we decided we needed practice waking up at 5 in the morning, we decided to head to the balloons this morning! It was actually really fun and I'm glad we went! The girls loved it too. Definitely one of my favorite celebrations of the 4th in Provo!
Despite the look on her face she really did have fun. She just doesn't like to be interrupted while she's eating a donut.

This one was Lilly's favorite.
This one was Sophia's favorite (and mine too - Lilly calls it root beer. I've trained her well because I definitely would never drink Coke (especially when I'm pregnant). Only root beer).
Now for the random part of the post. Sophia drew this picutres in church yesterday. This one is of the Godhead. Last month in Primary we sang a song about the Holy Ghost and our awesome chorister used pictures of the Holy Ghost outlined in dashes. I love how she copied her! Seriously though, most things that she does she's picked up from the chorister. You should all be jealous that you don't have her to teach your children fun things (you're the best Stacy!)
The one above is of Baby Jesus. I seriously can't get enough of her drawings. I forgot to scan it in but Lilly also had fun coloring yesterday and drew a lot of C's (they looked pretty good despite being backward). She was sure proud of herself everytime she would draw one. She's getting too big!

4 comments:

ottspot said...

I'm glad you got to see the balloons go up! We went on Friday and they didn't launch...and I heard only 2 went up on Saturday. Looks like you got a good show.

Lauren said...

You are such a good sport! Looks really fun. After keeping Maddie up till midnight for the fireworks on Saturday, we opted not to get up early this morning... she is still catching up. Yikes! But we saw the pig flying on our way to the parade!

We will be thinking of you tomorrow! Hope all goes according to plan. I can't wait to meet the newest Wilkins!!!

Jensen Family said...

good luck with everything tomorrow! im jealous you are going in one day ahead of me.. like a day even makes a difference! but it does when i am this over due! lol :) cant wait to see pics!!

ZAC said...

Joanna, you're girls are going to be litle heart throbs! They are SO beautiful! Good luck with #3. Love every minute of it! Dang those donuts look good!