Sunday, July 11, 2010

The First Few Days

Get ready for picture overload!

Here's a look back at Mabel's first few days. Here we are the night before doing fireworks at Doug's parents house. We stayed there since we had to be to the hospital at 5 am the next morning and they're only a few minutes away. It was very nice and convenient. Thanks again!
Ready to pop!

Here she is all brand new!
Getting ready to take her out to the nursery.
Sophia and Lilly's first look.
First time mom got to hold her.
Mabel with Dad. We took these pictures right after they brought her to me. It was really nice to have a few minutes with her and just the two of us. It was very peaceful and fun for the two of us to enjoy her together for awhile.
Here's shots of people who came to see us at the hospital. James and Tiffany came equipped with JCW's and smoothies! They're the best!
Aunt Kimber and Gracie
Grandpa Miller
Uncle Dylan
Brian, Katie and Kids
Grandpa and Grandma Wilkins
Great Grandma Ivins
Uncle Jeffy and Aunt Lexie
Uncle Jason
Grandpa and Grandma Miller
Mabel hanging out in the good old hospital cradles. Thanks again for the awesome blanket Tiffany!
Here's the beautiful bouquets she received from my parents and brothers.
And all her fun gifts! My friend Erin made the necklaces that are draped over the blanket on the right. She's amazing! On one of them she stamped Sophia Lilly and Mabel and on the other ones she put each of the girls' names. I love them!
Just home from the hospital.
Mabel in the coming home outfit our other kids have worn.
When we got home we decided to imitate a few of the shots they took in the hospital. I think Doug did a pretty good job.
This one is one of my favorites.
I love this one too. This is Mabel's charm that Erin made for her.
Lilly and Baby Navel
Sophia and Mabel. She seriously wants to hold her constantly and she does such a great job! Dad with his "M for Mabel" shirt.
It has been soooooo nice to have Doug home with us these past few days. Doug was just starting the Junior Core at BYU when Sophia was born and was gone from about 8 am - 11 pm every day. It was a nightmare! With Lilly, he was working and in the middle of finals and was not around much either. That was a nightmare as well. We were soooooo glad that he was able to take some time off for this one. It really has made all the difference and has been so nice! He's let the girls swim outside the past two days and they've loved it. He turned the baby hippo pool into a hot tub (he brought water from the tub and even boiled some on the stove - what a dad!) The girls loved lounging in the hot tub with their babies Dylan and Tonya gave them in the hospital (thanks again for all that stuff guys!)
This one is a little out of order but the flowers in some of her bouquets were ridiculous! They're so beautiful!
Today after the girls got home from church we took them outside to take a few picture with Mabel in her new home. Here she is giving me a big kiss (or maybe she was extra hungry?)
Me and my girls.
Sophia's close up.
Me and my girls again. It would seriously be a miracle if we could get a normal picture of Lilly. Mom and Mabel - I'm posting this as some motivation to really start exercising again in six weeks!
Lilly's close-up. I seriously love this child.
Congrats on making it to the end. Now I don't have to update for awhile. We're looking forward to a good week and the kids are excited to spend more time with cousins (thanks again Tonya!) Doug is going to head back to work this week so wish me luck! I'm actually not too worried. I probably should be and I probably will struggle more than I thought but I'm excited to just jump right into it. Hope you all have a great week!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Joanna, I seriously can't get enough of your little Mabel. Just seeing her pictures makes ME want to exercise so I can feel fit enough to have another one. She is so beautiful. The pictures are wonderful...can't wait to see her again!!! Of course, by then she won't be so 'new' but she'll still be nice and super little! Love you guys!

Stacy Risenmay said...

You guys did a great job with the pictures! Baby Navel. LOVE it!

Nancy said...

Im glad you posted so many pictures. Im glad you guys are doing so well too! She looks like such a sweet baby and I can tell your girls are elated to have another sister! I have a little present for Mabel too, I just need to get it in the mail!! But it should be there sometime this week. I hope you can get some sleep and relax a little. It sure does make a difference when Dad's get to be home for a few days!!

ottspot said...

Lilly cracks me up. The three of them are going to have so much fun!

James and Tiff said...

Thanks for the awesome picture of us Doug... I think you should start your own business;) We will get you back for this...! I am glad that she likes her blanket... I love the pic with the necklace from Erin on her toes- I think Erin should really start a business- I would totally order one for my baby:) Let me know when you need me to come down and help with Laundry and the kids so you can rest- you better not be going down those stairs!

Serena said...

Congrats again, Jo & doug. That is awesome. Love the pics, what a sweet little babe!

Jennifer Lyn said...

I love all the pics! She is so cute! Hope you are feeling well and making a great recovery.

Leda Johnson said...

I just love you and Doug and your family. Wow, Doug has three little girls, that's wierd! Remember how he once decided to brush my hair with a plastic play knife and got it so tangled we had to cut part of my hair off? He'll do GREAT with girls! ;) But seriously, David and I want to be just like you when we grow up!

PS. Joanna, you look beautiful in the black and white pic with Mabel!

Lauren said...

Those pics of you are beautiful at home Jo! Oh, and baby Mabel too. Seeing that tiny precious newborn is making me so baby hungry!!!! That pic with Erin's pendant on her toe is really sweet.

Melissa said...

Oh man, I wish I had that many visitors....I did get the flowers though. Great pictures- you look fabulous Jo! Your hair is so long too!