Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Birthdays America and Baby!

Can someone please explain how I have so quickly gone from this:to this?:My sweet little baby turned 1 today and I can't believe how big she is. This last year WENT BY SO FAST!!!! I promised myself that I was going to mark her progress with this monkey every month. I did really good up until about 6 months. Which is the picture below. You can see a little bit of progress though. The rest of this post is going to be totally random and out of order so bear with me!


We had a good 4th weekend. We went to the balloons on Saturday and had a great time. Lilly managed to take this picture which actually turned out pretty good. For some reason we always sit by the Smokey the Bear trailer and we actually have a pretty good collection of these Frisbees that we've received through the years. I'm pretty sure I'm about to send this shot into the Forest Service for their next ad campaign.


Nothing better than bedhead, donuts and balloons!

My and Mabel. I had to take this one because I have one like it of me with Sophia wearing the exact same jammies 5 years ago!

This week for our little "summer schedule" we're talking about the 4th and patriotism in general. On Sunday we made these fabulous watercolor pictures
And these wonderful flags. Sophia had to be absolutely certain that her's had 13 stripes and 50 stars. Lilly could have cared less. I love it!

We also celebrated this babies birthday with Doug's family. Here she is after my friend dropped off her cake.

On Monday we went up to Doug's cousin's cabin in Fruitland (I think). The girls had a blast riding the horses.

Sophia was so excited that she could hardly contain herself. If you look closely you'll notice that her eyes are totally red and puffy from crying. The minute we got there a huge dog completely trampled her. She had just gotten over her fear of dogs too! She also cried plenty when grandpa and grandma took her fishing and there were red ants! Oh no!

Here's the cousins getting ready to ride the horses.
After that we went to Doug's brother's house for fireworks and birthday celebrating. I promise Doug was really not that tired. Mabel getting ready to enjoy a piece of her cake. She really wanted to touch that sparkler.


My cute friend made the cake and it was adorable! I love all the detail. She said that she used a toothpick and food coloring for the writing. It's supposed to look like a ladybug flying! So cute!



For her actual day we just celebrated at our ward playgroup at a park. I brought these lady bug cupcakes along. Not as great as the cake but I tried.

We're going to a family reunion later this week and are looking forward to more celebrating there!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Mabel! What a fun week! Maddie's first b-day was a ladybug picnic too.