Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pre-Christmas Get Away

My brother and his cute family are in town for the holidays (and to say goodbye before they depart to JAPAN!) and he suggested that we take a little trip to southern Utah before they leave.  Doug had to work but the girls and I couldn't pass up a chance to spend time with cousins.  My dad was nice enough to let us ride with him in his truck which the girls were more than thrilled about!  We left on Friday and stopped in Manti to see the temple and grab some donuts at Millers (I wish Sophia's top tooth would fall out already!)  It's driving me nuts!).  We then stopped in Salina for a delicious lunch at the famous Mom's Cafe (it was still as delicious as I remembered!)
We then headed to Ruby's Inn in Bryce Canyon (after a quick drive by of Big Rock Candy Mountain).  The girls immediately headed for the pool and had so much fun!
They had so much fun playing together and I'm glad we went.  Here they are in the room at night coloring in their new book from Grandpa and just spending time together.
This little one wasn't feeling so hot and preferred to stay in bed.
Here's the girls and Grandpa in the morning on the way to breakfast.
After breakfast and another quick swim we headed into the park.  We drove all the way through and stopped at Rainbow Point.  Needless to say it was a little chilly.  I think this cute face (with 3 coats on) says it all.
The view was worth it though!
My girls with Grandpa at Rainbow Point
 Another shot of the gorgeous view.
My brother and his cute family.
Freezing cousins!
 Natural Bridge
 Karen, Sophia and I at Natural Bridge.
2 cute cousins.  I love how Karen is always flashing a peace sign.  She's the best!
After we climbed back in the car this one quickly looked like this.  I think she wasn't feeling quite hot either since she slept for 2 hours! That never happens.  It may have been that she was a little warm and cozy too.
Here's another gorgeous shot of the canyon from Inspiration Point.  I love the snow on the red rocks.
 Cousins and Grandpa again
After we saw all the sights we wanted to see we had a quick snowball fight and then got back in the car and headed home. Overall the girls were pretty good travelers and my dad wins a major patience award for putting up with all of us!  Thanks for the fun trip Grandpa and Stu!
This shot is random but the other day Lilly informed me she needed the camera because she had to take a picture of something.  It really is something.
Finally, these beautiful flowers are from my dad to say congrats on the baby brother. He's so nice and thoughtful.  My parents really are the best! (and my in-laws aren't too bad either).

No comments: