Sunday, December 9, 2012

'Tis the Weekend for Some Parties!

This weekend was full of Christmas parties!  On Friday night our ward had a Whovillation for our Christmas party this year.  Here's the cake Doug decorated for the cake bake off.  It think he did a pretty good job.
The decor.  It was pretty cute.  We had yummy things like roast beast, Who hash and Who pudding.
What Whovillation is complete without a visit from the Grinch?  Here he is with the Primary kids learning about the true meaning of Christmas.
 Here's some more cakes from the bake off.  This one was done cake decorator in our ward. Needless to say she's pretty amazing.  It's hard to see but the whole bottom layer looks like an open book.  She's seriously talented.
 Here's another one a lady in our ward did.  She's amazing too (these pictures were taken with Doug's phone so sorry they're not high quality).  She said she spent all week working on it.  She even sculpted all the little Who's.  That's some serious talent.
My friends husband did this one (he makes the best cake!). The inside was alternating layers of green and red velvet.  It was pretty clever.
On Saturday we went to Doug's family's Christmas party.  Here's my three little angels getting ready for the nativity.
Here's a better (blurry) shot of Mabel.  Oh how I love her.
Here's all the kids in the Nativity.
And here's the girls with Santa. Don't mind me trying to jump out of the shot.  Sophia told Santa she wants an American Girl Doll (keep dreamin girl!  Thank goodness Target sells their own version for a quarter of the price (and thanks to Jeffy for getting the one she wants at the only Target in Utah that had one left!)),  Lilly asked for an art kit (what the?  Where did that come from?  Good thing we bought one for Sophia that will now have her name on it under the tree) and Mabel would go nowhere near the scary man with the white beard.
Here's Doug with our newest, cutest little niece Savannah who came all the way from North Carolina for the party.
She's so cute!
Finally, not that it's a big surprise, but my mom is the best.  Sophia has been learning about Christmas around the world in school and was telling me about Christmas Crackers the other day.  She asked if we could get some and since I'm lame and have no idea where I could find some I asked my mom if she had any ideas.  Later that night she showed up on our porch with these.  Once again she saved the day.  She's the best!  Thanks mom!


3 comments:

Mylissa 2 said...

Cute pics! I decide I wanted to start blogging again so I was looking to see who still does it and I noticed you do. Good job! I also think you should be the ward historian, you are better at keeping track of things than me!

ottspot said...

I just bought Christmas crackers for my dad's birthday from amazon!

Melissa said...

I was so confused when I saw "Melissa said" I thought- I don't remember posting on this blog- I must be losing my mind. But I know that I am. I love all the cakes- WOW!! You have a talented ward! And our mom is the best- awesome crackers. And you are too funny with your girls gifts- that is so perfect about the art kit.