Saturday, September 15, 2007

Let there be flowers....and popcorn

Today has been a pretty eventful Saturday thus far. Doug left yesterday to go Elk hunting with his brother and so Sophia and I have been hanging out together ever since. This morning we woke up bright and early and got started on our flower beds. It was quite the project. We first had to rip out a few small bushes and then remove a ton of wood chips and gravel. I kind of just raked them off to the side and am going to let Doug deal with them later. Then we put in some concrete edging and filled it all in with top and potting soil. Then we planted 60 tulip and daffodil bulbs, a rose of sharon bush, and a bunch of pansies. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to see if it will all come up in the spring! I wanted to put in peonies too but nobody will have more of them until the spring so we'll have to wait. I was pretty proud of all I accomplished. I'll post pictures later because Doug took the camera hunting.

While I was out doing all of this Sophia was running wild in the house watching her "penguin movie" (Happy Feet) and eating popcorn. When I came in to check on her she said "He mom, look at me!" Usually when she says this she has completely undressed herself so I wasn't really paying attention. Anyway, I turned around just in time to see her shove a popcorn kernel up her nose. I immediately freaked out and ran for a pair of tweezers. I was unsuccessful at recovering the kernel so I called her pediatrician. Luckily they were open today so I ran her in and the doc got it out. Luckily it really wasn't in there too far and he only charged me for a regular visit instead of a removal which would have been $200. $200 to take something out of a kids nose? Give me a break. Anyway, it was her first visit to her new doctor down here and fortunately he was really nice.

Anyway, that about sums it up for the adventures of Sophia and her mom for one day. Hope you're all well!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I know that's not supposed to be funny, but I laughed hard! 2 years olds are good for some real mischief! Really, though, congrats on the flower beds. It sounds like you worked really hard and I'm sure they will be GORGEOUS!

ottspot said...

Scary! Luckily Will has not yet discovered the joys of sticking stuff up his nose. He is more into ears and the only things he sticks in there are q-tips...so we have to hide the q-tips. Sounds like your flower beds will be beautiful...I was just thinking it must be tulip time.