Tuesday, January 15, 2008

He did it again

So in case you missed it the first time, here it is (scroll down until you get to the ball track videos). And last Sunday Douglas was bored again and so he decided to do a more awesome track. I think it turned out pretty good.

Ball Track from jmwilkins10 on Vimeo.
Ball Track 2 from jmwilkins10 on Vimeo.

In other news, how do you get your 2 year old to not kill your new baby? So far she's been pretty good with Lilly and listens to us when we tell her to be soft. The other day however she bit her. I couldn't believe it! It was really hard to not bite her back for Lilly. She bit her right on her little finger and it was so sad. Lilly screamed and screamed. Today when I got out of the shower I found the bouncy chair tipped on it's side with Lilly still in it. Poor girl. She also has an abundance of scratches on her head from her lovely sister who loves to "rub" her head. Sophia also told me today, "Mom I have a problem." I asked her what her problem was and she said "Lilly." I'm assuming (and hoping) that it's all going to pass but it's hard to be patient!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Nice Doug. As for how to get your 2 year old not to kill your baby...I can't really help you there. I'm sorry to hear Sophia's not being as 'soft' as you need her to be.

ottspot said...

sigh. I was hoping that trying to kill competing siblings was a boy thing! All I can say is that Will seems to have gotten over it...so I would say by 4 or 5 months old Lilly will be safe! Until then nothing I did helped in any way--I think he just had to move past it on his own!

Serena said...

Hmm...good luck on that one. Jaime finally stopped scratching poor Ben's head when he was about 4 months old. Since they are almost the same weight now, she seems to see him as more of threat now though...and the pushing has begun. Sibling rivalry at its best...?

Kerstin and Scott said...

My baby's only "sibling" AKA our puppy just tries to kiss her (lick her face off) and pull off her socks (which involves biting her toes.) I hope it's a phase

Melissa said...

Oh sweet Sophie- that is so funny, but at the same time disturbing, that she said "lilly". She was just a little frustrated. But that is exactly what I was worried about when I had Jacob. I said, "Now seriously is there any case out there where and older sibling has actually killed their baby sibling?" I was so worried that Josh would knock him off the table or something. Someday they will grow out of it and be great buddies like you and me!

Melissa said...

Just watched the videos- you guys should consider opening a mini-golf course in Payson- that will really get the town going!

The Favorite said...

You are the man Doug!

tcbcw said...

OK, so I'm a bit slow, but that rocks! Nice one Doug.