Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yummy Tacos and A Good Deal

First the good deal. I was at Target today and I guess they're having an event for the next few weeks called "The Big Save" or "The Great Save" or something like that where they're selling bulk items like those you'd find at Cosco or Walmart. Anyway, they had $3 long sleeved shirts for kids and they actually seemed like pretty decent quality. I feel like I can never have enough long sleeved white shirts for my kids for some reason. They just go with anything. They also had $4 t-shirts for women and some other cheap clothes. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Now on to the yummy tacos. A girl in my spin class was telling me awhile ago how her husband is from Mexico and how he cooks dinner for them every night. She said he usually makes mexican food and that he's a wonderful cook. I asked her what her favorite thing is that he makes and she says she loves when he makes tacos. I love mexican food and the big craving I've had so far with this baby has been tacos. I seriously can't get enough. They don't even have to be good. Let's just say I've frequented Taco Tuesday at Del Taco more times than I should admit. Anyway, moving on. She told me how they do tacos and it sounded so good. We've had them a few times (including last night) and I felt like they were too good not to share.

I don't really have a recipe so I'll just tell you informally how we do it. She boils her chicken and then shreds it which we've done before but last night we used a recipe adapted from Rachel Ray. Combine 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1/2 Tbsp cocoa and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Rub over a few chicken breasts (coat them pretty well) and cook in a skillet until chicken is cooked. For the shells her husband fries his own corn taco shells. This I think is what makes them taste so good. All they have on the tacos is chicken, shredded cabbage (weird I know, but delicious) and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. It's so simple and so tasty! Be sure to make some for yourself soon. You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

ottspot said...

Do these taste good even if you are not pregnant? :-) Just kidding Jo...your taco craving makes me laugh!

stu said...

Sounds good! Cabbage on tacos is awesome. At Moe's here (our local taco place) they have fish tacos with spicy coleslaw and a squeeze of lime juice. Very tasty.

Danny and Michelle King said...

Congratulations on the baby! Hope you are feeling ok.