Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bounties and Swimming

Welcome Summer! We've been enjoying the heat (those of us who are not 8 months pregnant anyway) with swimming in the backyard. We set this up last Saturday and the girls were entertained for hours.

I also picked up my first Bountiful Basket Saturday and we've loved it! I gave some to a friend because it was way too much for our family! In case you haven't heard of it, here's the link. It really is a good deal. I would pay weekly for the convinience factor alone! They always have 6 fruits and 6 vegetables. The only drawback is that they sell out quickly so you have to be one of the first ones online to buy one. This week in my basket I got:
1 head of Romaine
15 baby heads of Bok Choy
3 Tomatoes
4 Red Peppers
8 Potatoes
6 Ears of Corn (it was super sweet and sooooo tasty!)
7 Apples
1 Bag of Grapes
1 Bag of Peaches
1 Bunch of Bananas
1 Carton of Blackberries
1 Honeydew Melon

Like I said, it was great! For dinner tonight we had stir fry with the bok choy, corn and peaches and cream. It was all delicious. For me the best part is that it gets my kids to eat vegetables. I put most of the fruits in a bowl on the table and Lilly went right over and grabbed herself a banana and an apple (and ate most of them!). For those of you who know her, fruits and vegetables are not so much her thing. Sophia's favorite has been the corn and peaches. I hope that this is somthing that will continue throughout the summer as long as I remember to sign up on Monday at 4!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yay! I am glad you loved it! I might have to get your recipe for the bok choy... I have been wondering what to do with it. I might try spring rolls if I can find a recipe. And I agree that corn was heavenly!!!

We're excited to see you tomorrow!