Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fun in the Sun

We had such a fun time with friends yesterday! We went to Salem Pond and let the kids swim for a good while. They had a blast. We'll definitely go again this summer. We came back to our house for lunch and more swimming. Once again, the kids had a blast.
A cute friend in my ward is starting a birthday party blog and is trying out some cakes to put on it. She is so nice and made these for my friends and I to enjoy since we all have birthdays in June. They were soooo yummy and soooo cute!

Unfortunately I'm not as good as my friends and I spaced on the sunscreen for my kids. I'm just glad it didn't blister! Luckily, they are more like me and it's pretty much disappeared thanks to some aloe and IBprofen last night. Poor kids. I think this one for sure earns me the mom of the year.

3 comments:

ottspot said...

Did I tell you that I missed a spot on Will's arm when I did his sunscreen sometime last week? He kept complaining about his burnt spot that was about the size of a silver dollar. After a couple days he stopped complaining, but then the next day he came running downstairs saying "Mooommm!! Look at my arm!" It was peeling and he was totally freaked out! I think he thought his skin was falling off. (Well, I guess it was, but not as dramatically as he thought.)

Jennifer Lyn said...

Ha ha, I always miss sunscreen on the kiddos too. Swimming looks so fun!

Melissa said...

Man you guys have one awesome backyard!! And it is "our neighbors" free! Wish we could play! I would even take the sunburn. Poor Sophie!