Monday, April 25, 2011

Home again, home again!

We finally made it home and are happy to be back (but again, sad to not be in NY anymore). My brother that was there at the same time gave me this to bring home to Doug (they stopped by the Hershey factory on their way to NY). It looks like a fairly normal Reese's bar until you look a little bit closer. Yikes! This thing weighs 1 pound!

Look at the size of one of these! It's almost as big as my hand!

We were so happy to finally be home (even if it was 1 am!) I was lucky enough to be greeted by these (and I forgot to mention a Cafe Rio salad in the car. Oh Cafe Rio how I missed you. Chipotle is good but not quite the same).

I have never seen a Gerber like this. So beautiful!

I also stumbled upon these in my bathroom! Oh how I love my husband. Not that it's unusual for us to have fresh cut flowers in our bathroom or anything.

I had to pull out all the stops to get Sophia on the plane to come back home. One of them was that Dad usually makes a big sign for us and I couldn't wait to see what it was. Thanks to tax season, the sign was replaced with flowers (which I love and was so grateful for!). Sophia however, was not impressed and felt that we needed a big sign. She made this one for Doug to welcome him home from work the next day.
Here we are in the plane above waving to our house beneath. I love the detail of the fancy Southwest Airlines wings that she picked up on. "Welkum Back Hoam!" indeed

3 comments:

stu said...

Loved reading these posts and seeing all the pictures. Glad you started to enjoy your Reese's.

Lauren said...

That Douglas...

Sophie's poster is too cute!

Melissa said...

Whoa those cups were big! What a great brother- love all the flowers too- LUCKY!