Friday, April 1, 2011

Fun Creations

We've been having some fun in the kitchen lately! A little too much fun unfortunately. I really just need to stop eating it all. Anyway, we made these for Doug's work today. I got the idea from here. They had such cute ideas! He played a joke on his work today. He put a sign in the break room that said "April Fools" and then had one of the secretaries send an e-mail that said there was food in the break room. He said it was hilarious to see the people pouring in. That was before I brought the cupcakes unfortunately. Those accountants definitely need a break! Tomorrow we're heading out for a conference weekend with Doug's family. We made some of these to take along. The idea came from the Family Fun magazine this month.

Aren't they so cute? This was definitely a huge pain to make but they turned out okay so I guess it was worth it.
We also made some of these too. The cupcakes also have coconut baked into them. So yum!
Obviously we have been really bored this week without our daddy. We also made homemade graham crackers. My kids loved them. You can get the recipe here.
Finally, I also cut my hair this week! I was in desperate need of a cut and I really like how it turned out. Sophia took the wonderful picture so sorry it's so great. I'm loving the short hair again!

6 comments:

The Chipmans said...

Your hair looks adorable! You look amazing. Cute creations, we lament with you that you don't have daddy around this week. Mike has been mia as well because he's coaching baseball and they had games all week and all the games were out of town. Don't worry, the 15th is quickly coming!

Nancy said...

You have been busy! I made some of those cute cupcakes too, but I only did the spaghetti and peas/carrots one. The others looked fun too. I love your hair too!! Its something about changing seasons that makes me want to cut my hair. Have fun in Wales!

ottspot said...

Poor Doug...and poor you! Come hang out with me one day after Sophie gets out of school! (or every day...but that might be painful for you).

stu said...

Those all look great, Jo. Nice work!

Lauren said...

YUM! I have been thinking I want to make some Eastery treats. Myabe when life settles down a bit.

You look so cute with sort hair!

Leda Johnson said...

You are so skinny and cute. I like your new hair cut...you'll be the cutest mom on the block!